v6.0.5.3 - issues with file download (ONDOWNLOAD)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gimber_sj

v6.0.5.3 - issues with file download (ONDOWNLOAD)

Post by gimber_sj » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:04 am

Hi,

I upgraded my firefox plugin last night from v6.0.4.1 to v6.0.5.3, and noticed that the scripts that saved a PDF to a specific location on my hard disk no longer worked.

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:Form1 ATTR=ID:NEXT&&VALUE:Preview
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=C:\<path> FILE=<file>.pdf
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:CERTIFICATE&&TXT:Click<SP>here<SP>to<SP>view<SP>the<SP>certificate CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS
Specifically, the FOLDER and FILE attributes were being ignored, so the files were ending up with the default filename in the default download folder, and not in the specified location with the specified filename.

I reinstalled firefox, adobe and the latest version of the iMacros plugin, but this didn't make a difference.

When I reverted back from v6.0.5.3 to v6.0.4.1, the issue immediately resolved itself and the downloads resumed normal operation.

You may need to take a look at this in case something is broken.

Regards

John.

System specs:

Windows XP SP2
Trend
2Gb RAM
Dual-core Dell laptop.
Tech Support

Re: v6.0.5.3 - issues with file download (ONDOWNLOAD)

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:08 pm

Can you please test with this macro:

URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/download
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\aaaout FILE=test.exe  
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:*Download*   
It works for me (Win XP SP3, Firefox 2.0.0.14).
fochtmann

Post by fochtmann » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:22 pm

I tried your sample macro above, and it worked.

But I am experiencing the same problem as the other user with my macros that worked previously.

Dell Computer, 2 GB ram
FF 2.0.0.16
gimber_sj

Post by gimber_sj » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:53 pm

If it helps,

1. The path is "C:\EPC-Certificates" and the files are in the format "Test NI #01.pdf", "Test NI #02.pdf" etc.

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=C:\EPCIP-Certificates FILE=Test<SP>#40.pdf
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:CERTIFICATE&&TXT:Click<SP>here<SP>to<SP>view<SP>the<SP>certificate CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS
These have non-alpha characters and spaces in them, unlike the demo samples you have provided.

2. The file is a .NET2 aspx page.

3. I'm right-clicking on a hyperlink to save the link as... to get access to the PDF.

4. The file arrives in the Download folder and not the specified one, and ends up with a name other than the one provided in the ondownload command.

John.
juzamjedi

Post by juzamjedi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Hello,

I have also tested the public ONDOWNLOAD example and it works. However, the trick is that you must use all lower case letters. This seems like a bug to me, but maybe that is the intended behavior. At a minimum this should probably be documented in the parameters for this feature.

http://wiki.imacros.net/ONDOWNLOAD#Parameters
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Can you please retest with V6.0.6.2? It should fix this issue.
gimber_sj

Post by gimber_sj » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 am

Tech Support wrote:Can you please retest with V6.0.6.2? It should fix this issue.
I have retested with FF3.0.1 / WInXP Pro / iMacros 6.0.6.9, and the issue is still occurring.

The path and file components are being ignored.

Try again! :)

John.