Run a script ever x number of hours

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Yombo

Run a script ever x number of hours

Post by Yombo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 am

What I'd liked to do is go to a page, every say 2 hours, and do some things on the web page. But I need it to do this continuously for as long as the computer is on.

I've also noticed, that if I'm running a script, if I mess around in another browser window, it tends to time out and stop in the middle of the script. Is there a way to start the script from where it left off? Really what I'd like is the script that runs every 2 hours or whatever.
Yombo

Re: Run a script ever x number of hours

Post by Yombo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:12 am

No one knows?
kooks

Post by kooks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:37 pm

http://wiki.imacros.net/WAIT

WAIT SECONDS=(7200)
kooks

Post by kooks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Ehh, opps.
Yombo

Post by Yombo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Then I'd need to use some sort of loop right? I'm new at this and can't do anything more than have it clicking on links someplace. Because basically I want it to keep going to a web page and doing stuff every 2 hours for as long as my browser is open.
Yombo

Post by Yombo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Is there a loop infinite ability or do i just put a really high number?
juzamjedi

Post by juzamjedi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 am

Hello Yombo,

I just found iMacro today (literally) so others can pitch in here. But as a semi-skilled scripter it seems like an infinite loop would be extremely resource intensive and probably not the best way to accomplish your goal.

I think a better alternative for your goal is scheduled tasks with Firefox. You can leverage the scheduled task manager to open Firefox every X hours every day, etc. and then have it execute Firefox from the command line. If the URL for your iMacro is too long then you could create a tinyurl and reference this tinyurl in your scheduled task.