Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Post Reply
viking
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:22 am

Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by viking » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:32 am

When I record a macro on a page that contains drop-down boxes, the macro is recorded incorrectly :( .

For example, on a page that contains a drop-down box for year, the following line was recorded, and produced an error when playing:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:form1 ATTR=NAME:expyear CONTENT=2010

The correct recording should have been:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:form1 ATTR=NAME:expyear CONTENT=$2010

Why is the dollar sign ($) missing? I think that it used to work fine in earlier versions (I am currently using 6.0.5.4 with Firefox 3.0)
jammin
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:11 am

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by jammin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:16 am

From what I can tell, $ is meant for displayed name, and % is meant for value. But the beta records with $ but uses the value not the displayed name.

I've found the 6.0.6.1 beta records with the $ sign, but uses the value of the select, not the displayed text.

The previous version also used the value, but didn't put either a $ or % in. I believe this is meant to indicate the item position.
viking
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:22 am

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by viking » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:30 am

Well, the bottom line is that the recorded:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:form1 ATTR=NAME:expyear CONTENT=2010
Produces an error when played.

If I modify the recording to:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:form1 ATTR=NAME:expyear CONTENT=$2010
The Web form is filled in correctly and there is no error.

Thus, currently the recording is incorrect.
juzamjedi
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:19 am

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by juzamjedi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:49 am

Hello,

I have also confirmed this problem Firefox 3.0.0 iMacros 6.0.5.4 with my intranet sites.
jammin
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:11 am

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by jammin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:03 am

Yes I'm agreeing with you .. both the current released and beta record differently, and they both record wrong :)
User avatar
Tech Support
Posts: 4947
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Please retest with V6.0.6.2 Beta (released today). It should fix this issue.
viking
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:22 am

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by viking » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:25 am

This is still messed up in v6.0.6.7 beta. For example:

Incorrectly recorded:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:form1 ATTR=NAME:exp_month CONTENT=$8

Should be:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:form1 ATTR=NAME:exp_month CONTENT=$August

Note that August is the 8th value in the drop-down box.
User avatar
Tech Support
Posts: 4947
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Tech Supp: Incorrect Macro Recording w. Drop-down Boxes

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Viking, we fixed the issue in V6.0.6.8 (released today).
Post Reply