Need to logout and login to reuse macro

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
juzamjedi

Need to logout and login to reuse macro

Post by juzamjedi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello,

I am using this macro on a corporate intranet so I cannot post a public link. However, I'm hoping someone can read my problem description and give me ideas on what to try.

I have a macro that works with Agile PLM to export some Excel files for me. I did not put the login information into the macro because I intend to share the macro with others. So I login manually, execute the macro, and the Excel file that I need successfully exports to my network (shared) drive.

The problem happens when I try to execute the same macro again. If I log out and log back in then the macro is successful every time, but if I don't log out then it fails every time. Now I could add steps in the macro to log out and log in, but for a number of reasons that workaround is not ideal. Does anyone have an idea of what I can try to workaround what seems to be a session issue?
Tech Support

Re: Need to logout and login to reuse macro

Post by Tech Support » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm

Here are two suggestions that might work:

1. Add the CLEAR command to delete any cookies.

2. Replace sesssion ids with "*"

If this does not solve the issue: What error message do you get when the macro fails? Maybe the text for a link changed?