Saving Excel Files Problem (Firefox)

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
simontraps

Saving Excel Files Problem (Firefox)

Post by simontraps » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:47 am

Hi all,

New to iMacros and having a small problem. Using the following script, I am trying to download an Excel file, rename it, and save it to a specified location. I'm running FF 3.0.1 and iMacros 6.0.6.9...
VERSION BUILD=6060801 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?p ... 08&month=3
WAIT SECONDS=3
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=C:\Temp\ FILE=test.xls
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:LB_cmdExcel
CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS
If I take out the ONDOWNLOAD and CONTENT lines, the script will successfully download the Excel file with defaults. I'm not even sure if SAVETARGETAS is supported in Firefox? Am I missing some parameter?

This is the error I receive:
SyntaxError: bad format of macro line: CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS, line 7
Note: Demo-Download.iim works, though I don't think Demo-SaveTargetAs.imm does...
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Saving Excel Files Problem (Firefox)

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 am

Hello,

the error refers to the following line in your macro:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:LB_cmdExcel
CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS
which should read

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:LB_cmdExcel CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS