a little technical help

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Thatoneguy

a little technical help

Post by Thatoneguy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:07 am

It seems that just about everybody has the same problem when it comes to Imacros for firefox, and that is error 802 operation timed out. The loadcheck command doesn't work, the errorignore command doesn't work and the errormacro command isn't included in firefox (I believe that just having a macro with the REFRESH command in it would eliminate the problem altogether). It says this command is deprecated and to use the scripting commands, but I can't seem to wrap my head around syntax, not being much of a programmer. So my 2 questions are this. 1. is there a way to use the scripting interface to auto refresh on this very common error (I've seen all sorts of questions about this, but not that particular question). & 2. In what directory are the var.s located for the internet explorer plugin, so I can try and figure out how to splice the errormacro command into the firefox version of imacros.

EDIT: I even tried that workaround where you edit the imacros.jar file to make it so the error screen doesn't load
while this does make the pink box go away, it doesn't make the site load, or make the macro go to the next step.

EDIT: I found my own little workaround for this problem, (although i would still appreciate answers to the questions I asked) I have the greasemonkey addon installed in firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748 . I went to http://www.userscripts.org (scripts for greasemonkey) and installed the glb home page auto refresh script http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/32328 . I went to tools-->greasemonkey-->manage user scripts, added all the websites that are in my macro , then edited the script so it said var time = 60000; //= 1minutes instead of var time 900000;//= 15minutes , saved it, and changed my timeout factor to 90. It won't necessarily make the last command work, but it will enable the macro to continue on when the page doesn't want to load. You don't necessarily have to use the times I used, just make sure the loadcheck is longer than the auto-refresh.

EDIT: I noticed that occasionally this script doesn't refresh like it should (thought it still lets it run better than just not having it), so I installed another script that does the same thing (there are 3 that have almost the same name) and edited this one so it said var time = 75000; //= 1.25minutes . this way if the first one happens to miss the second one kicks in, and since both have a lesser time than the timeout factor it works great.
IanShaw

Re: a little technical help

Post by IanShaw » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:34 pm

I've had some success with this. My script does seem to carry on after an 802 error.
However, it is now sometimes hangup up asking if I want to resend POST data, and waiting for em to click OK on the popup.
I think there is a conflict bewteen greasemonkey and imacros. Some of my imacros press buttons on web pages. I suspect that sometimes the greasemonkey script refreshes the webpag after the imacro has pressed the button, but before my javascript has moved it on to the next page. Therefore the last action I did was to submit a form, so I get the request to confirm the POST data.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hmm, perhaps my greasemonkey filter was too broad - using http://www.sitename/* might be including the POSTed pages. I'll try specifying the pages explicitly next time I'm at that PC.
Thatoneguy

Post by Thatoneguy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:45 am

There is also an option in greasemonkey to exclude certain pages too, so if your postdata pages always have a similar url you can add them to the exclude list.
IanShaw

Post by IanShaw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:52 pm

My script ran for over 24 hours, but eventually I got the POST popup again.
Thanks for the tip; I'll investigate excluding *POST* or something.
-- Ian
IanShaw

Post by IanShaw » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:47 am

I excluded *POST* but it's made no difference. I'm now wondering whether I'm only getting the error when I have multiple windows up. Perhaps imacros or greasemonkey is getting confused over which window to use.
Thatoneguy

Post by Thatoneguy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:07 am

I made an edited version of the greasemonkey script that autorefreshes after 60 seconds
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/32823
and one that refreshes after 75 seconds
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/32822

That way it wouldn't be necessary to edit them

I would really suggest you set your timeout to at least 90 seconds since these scripts seem to work better if the error has not displayed yet, and if it loads the page and can't find the element it's looking for it will still move on after 9 seconds.
macrotom

Post by macrotom » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:44 pm

hey Thatoneguy, thx for this workaround! :)
i am on latest firefox and latest imacros and the problem still persists. unbelievable!

anyway , your smart js refreshes so imacros have to go finally.

thanks!