Help with setting up an iMacro for password and username

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sagesunicorn

Help with setting up an iMacro for password and username

Post by sagesunicorn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 pm

I use the same password and username for many sites and I would like to know if and or how I would make an iMacro for a password and one for a username, (not for a specific site but just one in general that I can use in many different places).

Can anyone help me please? It would be very much appreciated. :?:
Thank you very much in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated!
dharmendra2000

Re: Help with setting up an iMacro for password and username

Post by dharmendra2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:31 am

Do you want that when you run macro, you should be logged in to different sites (using same username and password)?
sagesunicorn

Post by sagesunicorn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:10 am

Yes, that is exactly what I want. I have many sites with the same username and password and I was hoping that I could make just one macro and run it for each site instead of making many different macros that are the same only for different sites.

Thank you so much for responding.
dharmendra2000

Post by dharmendra2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:38 pm

iMacro work on HTML tags. Different website have different layout and different tags, so i think it is difficult to your expected task.

Can you please list down websites (username/password is not required :wink: ), based on that i can replay you again.

Cheers,
sagesunicorn

Post by sagesunicorn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:04 pm

I would list them but after checking I have over 150 affiliate sites, memberships, PTR's and more of those types of sites with the same username and password so it would probably take me until the day I die to type that list!

I understand that it may be impossible to do something like that but when I read you could make a macro to remember your password I was hoping against all odds that I could get away with having one for everything...no luck I guess!

When I downloaded it for Firefox it said: "Whatever you do with Firefox, iMacros can automate it.***" Leave it to me to figure out something it Couldn't do! I was also hoping that I could find a way to make macros for simple html codes that I have to type all of the time but I suppose no luck there either huh?

Thank you very much for all of your help I truly appreciate it very much. :)