Component returned failure code: 0x80500001 [solved]

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ng.tinyreef
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: Component returned failure code: 0x80500001 [solved]

Post by ng.tinyreef » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 pm

I had the same issue when using a dash or a quote in my CSV file... check your CSV file and make sure it doesn't contain unsupported characters... not sure what the list of them are but thats what caused the error for me... took a lil headache and some trial and error till I figured it out.
markbrown
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Component returned failure code: 0x80500001 [solved]

Post by markbrown » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Excellent guys... The problem will be solved if you remove all accent characters. The application parses the file before it even runs, so just take the time to open the file in notepad or something and simply go line by line, or search for accented a, or e characters (the most common).
er2225
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Component returned failure code: 0x80500001 [solved]

Post by er2225 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I am getting the following Error message:

Error: Component returned failure code: 0x80500001 [nsIConverterInputStream.init], line: 3 (Error code: -1001)

My line 3 = SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\FES-18\Documents\iMacros\Datasources\Macro.csv

What is this error? How can I fix it?
denisp
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Component returned failure code: 0x80500001 [solved]

Post by denisp » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:51 am

I have been facing this issue for quite long time on my Mac, while the same code was running quite fine on Windows. I've researched hundreds of forums, tried to change the encoding to UTF-8, still the same issue.

However, finally, God blessed me! I have downloaded Sublime Text and saved my CSV file with UTF-8 with BOM and it worked! :D

I don't really now what 'with BOM' means but it is the same meaning as manna for me!!

I don't write/comment on blogs, but this issue took a lot of time of mine and I thought, this might help someone to save their time and nerves

Hope this helps.

With greetings from Ukraine. Viva Ukraine and have a good one!

Regards,
Denis
Post Reply