iMacros continues to ask to be reinstalled

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
windmarble

iMacros continues to ask to be reinstalled

Post by windmarble » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 pm

I am having problems running a script. iMacros 6.1.1.4 is installed but when I run a macro embedded into a web page, it says I need to install iMacros again. I know the macro works cause I can copy it and paste it into Firefox's Address Bar. I added "run.imacros.net" to the allowed list. Any ideas?
Tech Support

Re: iMacros continues to ask to be reinstalled

Post by Tech Support » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Do you get the same issue with this macro?
windmarble

Post by windmarble » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Yeah :(
talz13

Post by talz13 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 pm

I've been having the same issue (or very similar, at least) for some time now. I have a page that is set up to redirect to a local macro:

Code: Select all

<html>
        <head>
                <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=http://run.imacros.net/?m=myMacro.js">
        </head>
</html>
that works perfectly fine on my firefox profile that is running 6.0.7.6, but doesn't run on my VMs that have 6.1.1.4 installed, every time asking me to install iMacros.
windmarble

Post by windmarble » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:25 pm

yeah that is similar to how I have mine set up. I had to go back to an older version to keep everything working.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:06 pm

It works in our tests. =>

Do you get the same issue with this macro? <= click to run macro!
talz13

Post by talz13 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm

I just tried it right now, and that macro DOES ask to install iMacros when clicked... It throws the following error in firefox's error console:

Error: invalid 'in' operand this.whiteList
Source File: file:///home/scraping/.mozilla/firefox/zfl25y8u.scraping/extensions/%7B81BF1D23-5F17-408D-AC6B-BD6DF7CAF670%7D/components/nsiMacros.js
Line: 5
greyhound4334

Post by greyhound4334 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 am

I am getting the same issue (both on a 3rd party site and on the example link to a macro posted above).

I have iMacros 6.1.1.4 on Firefox 3.0.6, Windows XP Home Edition, SP 3

Any suggestions?
talz13

Post by talz13 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm

In my instance, I just installed the beta 6.2.0.2 from the iOpus site, ran nsiMacros.js through a javascript tidy to get a version that would provide more info than the fact that there was an error on the one line that the entire script is on in the original. Here's what I found after that on the firefox error console, this first error after trying to run the macro linked above:

Error: invalid 'in' operand this.whiteList
Source File: file:///home/scraping/.mozilla/firefox/zfl25y8u.scraping/extensions/%7B81BF1D23-5F17-408D-AC6B-BD6DF7CAF670%7D/components/nsiMacros.js
Line: 96
and this error after trying to add a site to the whitelist in the options panel of iMacros:

Error: this.whiteList is null
Line: 96
I got the same error, but this time with a mildly more helpful line number, pointing to this section of code:

RequestWatcher.prototype = {enableImageFilter: function (enable) {if (typeof enable == "undefined" || enable) {this.filterImages = true;} else if (!enable) {this.filterImages = false;}}, querySite: function (site) {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}return site in this.whiteList;}, addSite: function (site) {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}this.whiteList[site] = true;this.saveList();}, blockSite: function (site) {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}this.whiteList[site] = false;this.saveList();}, removeSite: function (site) {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}if (site in this.whiteList) {delete this.whiteList[site];}this.saveList();}, enumerateSites: function () {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}return this.whiteList;}, loadList: function () {try {this.whiteList = eval(im_Pref.getCharPref("white-list"));} catch (e) {this.whiteList = {};this.saveList();}}, saveList: function () {im_Pref.setCharPref("white-list", this.whiteList.toSource());}, shouldBlockURI: function (origin, url) {var match = this.runPattern.exec(url);if (!match) {return false;}var retobj = new Object;retobj.type = match[1];retobj.data = decodeURIComponent(match[2]);if (!origin) {retobj.grant = false;retobj.origin = "unknown";}var arr = origin.match(/^(\w+):\/\/([\w.]+)\/(\S*)$/);if (!arr) {return true;} else if (arr[1] == "chrome") {retobj.grant = true;retobj.origin = "chrome";} else {retobj.origin = arr[2];if (!this.querySite(arr[2])) {retobj.grant = false;} else if (this.whiteList[arr[2]]) {retobj.grant = true;} else {return true;}}var wm = imns.Cc['@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1'].getService(imns.Ci.nsIWindowMediator);var win = wm.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser");this.osvc.notifyObservers(win, "imacros-runmacro", retobj.toSource());return true;}, shouldLoad: function (type, location, origin, ctx, mime, extra) {if (type == nsIContentPolicy.TYPE_DOCUMENT) {var url_origin = origin ? origin.spec : null;var url = location.spec;if (this.shouldBlockURI(url_origin, url)) {return nsIContentPolicy.REJECT_REQUEST;} else {return nsIContentPolicy.ACCEPT;}} else if (type == nsIContentPolicy.TYPE_OBJECT) {if (this.filterImages) {if (/^application\/x-shockwave-flash$/.test(mime) || /\.swf$/i.test(location.spec)) {return nsIContentPolicy.REJECT_REQUEST;}}} else if (type == nsIContentPolicy.TYPE_IMAGE) {if (this.filterImages) {if (/^chrome:\/\//.test(location.spec) || /favicon\.ico$/.test(location.spec)) {return nsIContentPolicy.ACCEPT;}return nsIContentPolicy.REJECT_REQUEST;}}return nsIContentPolicy.ACCEPT;}, shouldProcess: function (type, location, origin, ctx, mime, extra) {return nsIContentPolicy.ACCEPT;}, onChannelRedirect: function (old_channel, new_channel, flags) {var origin = old_channel.URI.spec;var url = new_channel.URI.spec;if (this.shouldBlockURI(origin, url)) {new_channel.cancel(NS_BINDING_ABORTED);}}, get osvc() {var os = Cc['@mozilla.org/observer-service;1'];return os.getService(nsIObserverService);}, QueryInterface: function (iid) {if (iid.equals(nsISupports) || iid.equals(nsIContentPolicy) || iid.equals(nsIChannelEventSink)) {return this;}throw Components.results.NS_ERROR_NO_INTERFACE;}};
the in whiteList thing is probably talking about:

querySite: function (site) {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}return site in this.whiteList;}
or

removeSite: function (site) {if (!this.isListLoaded) {this.loadList();}if (site in this.whiteList) {delete this.whiteList[site];}this.saveList();}
which gets referenced when it checks the list of whitelisted sites?

Please help with this, as it is becoming frustrating, and concerning that I only have the ability to run my macro job on one single system, if anything should happen to that system.
talz13

Post by talz13 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:52 am

I managed to get it working in my VM by uninstalling 6.1.1.4 and 6.2.0.2 (separately, they weren't installed at the same time), removing all the iMacros folders I could find, and installing 6.0.7.6. After that, I navigated to my homepage in firefox (which is a simple delayed redirect to my local macro that I'm running), and it immediately prompted me whether I want to trust macros from this site, which I responded 'yes' to. The site showed up in my allowed scripts window like it should, and the macro ran without a hitch.

So, if you are still having issues, and you are able to use 6.0.7.6, I would suggest that you give it a try. Other versions may work as well, but this is the one that certainly works for me.
leif

Post by leif » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:52 pm

I've been trying to get this working for my company. I want to make it so that a "Share Link" can be clicked within a web page and then the macro will kick off. I've tried the three versions listed below. I am running WinXP SP 3 with Firefox 3.0.7.

On clicked link...
6.0.7.6 WORKS
6.1.1.4 PROMPTS TO INSTALL IMACROS
6.2.1.1 DOES NOTHING

Will this issue be fixed/addressed?