Unavailable in Firefox: TAGX(undefined), DS, IRP, SIZE

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Puss

Unavailable in Firefox: TAGX(undefined), DS, IRP, SIZE

Post by Puss » Fri May 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi iOpus,

I need to run a single browser. Can't run both IE and FF. FF is preferred as I'm using other add-ins that are not available in IE.

My issue is that some important features are not available in the FF version of iMacros.

The main issue is extracting the coordinates of images/text boxes for use in another application.

For instance (unless I'm missing something) it's not possible to extract the X/Y coordinates of an input box or image without !TAGX/Y or IRP. Both seem to be IE or iMacros Browser only.

Could you tell me if there are plans (and the timescales if any) for the following to be supported in Firefox please:

!TAGX/Y values being available after a TAG command runs,
SIZE,
DS,
Image Recognition Plugin (I did see this was not on roadmap last November)

Thanks in advance.

PS: Wiki documentation for !TAGX / !TAGY makes it look like these should be set after a TAG command in Firefox, but that's wrong isn't it? I get undefined in testing.
Tech Support

Re: Unavailable in Firefox: TAGX(undefined), DS, IRP, SIZE

Post by Tech Support » Sat May 09, 2009 9:05 pm

!TAGX / !TAGY is not yet available in Firefox. However, it would be easy to add. But there is no real use for it unless we also add the DS command. DirectScreen (DS) support is planned, too, but that is a complex project and planned for later. Or do you have a use for !TAGX / !TAGY without DS?
Puss

Post by Puss » Sat May 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi Tech Support.

Yes, I do have a use for !TAGX/Y without DS.

I'm using iMacros to pass web page information out to a Windows level (rather than browser level) automation tool.

This effectively does CLICK/DS type actions on multiple windows, so I'd like to see the 'easy to add' bit done earlier rather than wait for the full DS implementation in Firefox.

As an alternative, I can calculate the client coordinates using parent offsets in javascript, but can't find a way of passing it out from the calculated javascript variables (not page elements). I don't want to change the DOM.

I'm also struggling for a reliable (non-DOM-changing) way to relate the client coordinates to window or screen ones. Working on this.

So the !TAGX/Y + EXTRACT option would at least solve half of this for me.

Thanks for this great tool.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon May 11, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for the details. As a temporary workaround, I suggest to use the free iMacros for Internet Explorer addon, which already supports !TAGX/Y (and in the business editions also the DS and IMAGESEARCH commands).

Sorry, I have no ETA for !TAGX/Y support in Firefox yet.
Puss

Post by Puss » Mon May 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi

Thanks for you answer, but IE is not an option for me. As I said initially, I can only be running one browser and other functional requirements mean it has to be FF.

As an alternative (which might be helpful to others), I'm attempting to use this http://www.quirksmode.org/js/findpos.html javascript to determine element coordinates *relative to the page* (pageX/Y?) not the browser window (called clientX/Y?). The scroll x/y or left/top values can then be used to calculate the client x/y ... but I don't fully understand how I'm going to do this yet.

I'm also still trying to understand how best to move this data about, for instance between a page's javascript variables and an external application. *I will ask a separate question about this.*

I'll carry on down this route but look forward to this support in iM for FF at sometime ;)

Thanks.
LutraMan

Post by LutraMan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:11 am

Hi, is there any ETA now?
I too need to use that and can't use IE. the idea is to find a tag and then clicking about 150 pixels to the right of it.
is there any other way I can do it in FF?