Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 am

jdubya wrote:Please have iMacros stop scrolling to the top of a long window when it's done playing the iMacro.
Hi jdubya,
This is not standard behavior of iMacros, so I would suggest that the issue is specific to the site you are automating and to double-check your macro code to make sure you don't have any commands at the end of the macro that are tagging items near the top of the page, which would cause it to scroll back up. If you run the FillForm demo macro included with iMacros and comment-out the last command that clicks the submit button, you will see that the form remains scrolled to the bottom when the macro completes.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
mso6jx

Post by mso6jx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm

My macros don't work with the latest versions of Firefox and iMacros for Firefox - execution pauses part-way through, and nothing else happens - just seems to hang indefinitely.

To continue working as normal with Firefox 36 and 37, I have to stick with iMacros 8.8.2

To work with later versions of iMacros, I have to stick with Firefox 35.

Apologies if this is reported already - I've not checked - I only signed up to share this problem.
brianjuk

Pseudocode...

Post by brianjuk » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:47 am

FF 37.0.2 | iMacros for FF 8.9.2 | Windows 7 Ultimate [x86] :mrgreen:

I am a happy Firefox iMacros Add-on user, but I sometimes run into a -933 error code, which stops my .iim mid-flow.

A simple page REFRESH would show the required page and the macro could continue. However, the REFRESH command can't be implemented to combat this situation, as the -933 can happen at any stage of the {{!LOOP}}.

Pseudocode:

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES|NO|REFRESH
or

SET !ERRORREFRESH YES|NO
I hope that one of these ideas could be implemented into a future release, as I for one, would then have an answer to an issue that I, and I'm sure other users, sometimes encounter.

Thanks again for this great Firefox Add-on.

8)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue May 12, 2015 9:54 am

brianjuk wrote:I am a happy Firefox iMacros Add-on user, but I sometimes run into a -933 error code, which stops my .iim mid-flow.

A simple page REFRESH would show the required page and the macro could continue. However, the REFRESH command can't be implemented to combat this situation, as the -933 can happen at any stage of the {{!LOOP}}.
The proper way to handle this is to call your macro using the built-in Javascript scripting interface, that way you can check the return value of iimPlay for -933 and handle it accordingly, e.g. by issuing a refresh and replaying the macro.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Wed May 20, 2015 9:34 am

Hi

Can you have a look at this issue :

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24446

Thanks !

Skippyto
Sri456

Post by Sri456 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:28 pm

I am using iMacros 8.8.5 on Firefox 35 on Win 7, and SET !MARKOBJECT NO is not working (multiple sites, multiple macros). I appreciate that on Firefox there is a global setting to disable highlighting of objects, but I need this on a per-macro basis. Is it intentional that this not work per-macro on Firefox? If so, can I request this as a feature? If not, or in fact either way, when can I look forward to SET !MARKOBJECT NO working with iMacros on Firefox? Thx!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Sri456 wrote:I am using iMacros 8.8.5 on Firefox 35 on Win 7, and SET !MARKOBJECT NO is not working (multiple sites, multiple macros). I appreciate that on Firefox there is a global setting to disable highlighting of objects, but I need this on a per-macro basis. Is it intentional that this not work per-macro on Firefox? If so, can I request this as a feature? If not, or in fact either way, when can I look forward to SET !MARKOBJECT NO working with iMacros on Firefox? Thx!
It is clearly intentional, I would think, as the Wiki-Page for '!MARKOBJECT' clearly states that this Functionality is only for IE and the iMacros Brower, so it's normal that it doesn't work on FF...

+1
But I completely agree with 'Sri456' about the Enhancement Request for '!MARKOBJECT' for iMacros for FF, as for me it wouldn't be on a "per-macro basis" but on a "per-page basis", together with 'Scroll to Object' as since the Changes introduced in v8.30 and later again in v8.51, Highlighting and Scrolling to Object is/are completely useless on large Pages where hundreds of HTML Elements must be tagged/clicked/extracted because of the Scrolling Behaviour which makes that after each Element was found, the Page scrolls back completely to the Top then to the next Element then to the Top again etc... instead of doing Relative Scrolling (from the previous Element) like until v8.24, like I had previously mentioned 2 years ago in this Thread...

Highlighting is only useful on a small Page fitting the Screen Size and Highlighting + Scrolling is useful on a Large Page with just a few (1-2-3 max) Elements down the Page to tag/click/extract, but it's useless (for the Processing Progress on the Page) for tens or hundreds of Elements down the Page as you get completely dizzy from that constant Scrolling Up and Down and you lose 40% Performance, so I would like to be able to disable '!MARKOBJECT' and '!SCROLLTOOBJECT' per Macro/Page whereever I want in my Macros...

And/or ("And" = even better...!), have an Option to be able to specify if we want Absolute Scrolling (like in v.8.51+) from the Top for each Object or Relative Scrolling (like until v.8.24-) from one Object to the next one...
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
KingTutt

Post by KingTutt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:15 am

ONLOGIN failed with FF38.0.1 / FF38.0.5 + iMacros 8.9.2.1-signed

iMacro scripts stuck at the Login / Password window where you have to enter the used credentials e.g. when accessing a custom section. While I did not change my iMacro scripts during the last months and the website is still the same, too it must be a problem of iMacro in combination with actual versions of Firefox (at least 38.0.1 and 38.0.5)

As that tag is essential to access several websites I'm wondering that this issue was not stressed here so far? I found a hint here from March in this thread but unfortunately there was only a comment to the ONDOWNLOAD falg in combination with the SavePDF demo macro.

Is there a fix in the pipeline or is it at least a known problem in current version? For me iMacro is simple unusable without ONLOGIN tag working, because it is needed to log into the custom section...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:17 pm

KingTutt wrote:ONLOGIN failed with FF38.0.1 / FF38.0.5 + iMacros 8.9.2.1-signed

iMacro scripts stuck at the Login / Password window where you have to enter the used credentials e.g. when accessing a custom section. While I did not change my iMacro scripts during the last months and the website is still the same, too it must be a problem of iMacro in combination with actual versions of Firefox (at least 38.0.1 and 38.0.5)

As that tag is essential to access several websites I'm wondering that this issue was not stressed here so far? I found a hint here from March in this thread but unfortunately there was only a comment to the ONDOWNLOAD falg in combination with the SavePDF demo macro.

Is there a fix in the pipeline or is it at least a known problem in current version? For me iMacro is simple unusable without ONLOGIN tag working, because it is needed to log into the custom section...
Would you please open a support ticket and send us the URL of the web page and/or the macro that demonstrates the problem. This will allow us to quickly recreate and troubleshoot the issue on our test systems.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
KingTutt

Post by KingTutt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Would you please open a support ticket and send us the URL of the web page and/or the macro that demonstrates the problem. This will allow us to quickly recreate and troubleshoot the issue on our test systems.
Die URL is Flugwetter and the macro is quite simple. It opens the url and presses the "Login" Button. I just replaced the valid username and credential with dummies.

VERSION BUILD=7401110 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.flugwetter.de/
ONLOGIN USER=THIS_IS_THE_USERNAME PASSWORD=THIS_IS_SECET
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://www.flugwetter.de/login_pc.gif
Normally the login data were passed to the login window but with actual version of imacro not.
Setup:
- Windows 7 Pro
- Firefox 38.0.5
- iMacros 8.9.2.1-signed

If you want I can fill a ticket as well, but here you would have the complete history?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm

KingTutt wrote:Die URL is Flugwetter and the macro is quite simple. It opens the url and presses the "Login" Button. I just replaced the valid username and credential with dummies.

VERSION BUILD=7401110 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.flugwetter.de/
ONLOGIN USER=THIS_IS_THE_USERNAME PASSWORD=THIS_IS_SECET
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://www.flugwetter.de/login_pc.gif
Thank you for posting the macro. I have confirmed the problem and have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
KingTutt

Post by KingTutt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Thank you for posting the macro. I have confirmed the problem and have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team.
Thanks for your quick reply and the confirmation :)
KingTutt

Post by KingTutt » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:12 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:I have confirmed the problem and have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team.
Is it possible to track the state of that ticket somewhere? I've read on the site for reporting an issue that it may be possible to see the state in the support center. Could you provide a link for that ticket or is that only possible with registration? I would also volunteer to test a fix for that problem :)
Unfortunately I cannot use iMarco until that problem is fixed unless there is some kind of work around?
cellarman

Post by cellarman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:09 am

Hi KingTutt, I think my issue is exactly the same as yours http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 350#p64350

I also reported this issue to Bugzilla as it seemed to be related to changes in FF (37.0.2 works fine but 38.0.1 and subsequent don't work), see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1169910

Also the same macros works in iMacros for IE.

I see you asked Tom for an update about the status of this fix.
KingTutt

Post by KingTutt » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 pm

cellarman wrote:Hi KingTutt, I think my issue is exactly the same as yours http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 350#p64350

I also reported this issue to Bugzilla as it seemed to be related to changes in FF (37.0.2 works fine but 38.0.1 and subsequent don't work), see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1169910
Hi cellarman,

yes it seems to be the same problem. Thanks for reporting this issue as well to Mozilla Bugtracker. The problem is still present in FF 39. Maybe you can update that to the Tracker (so far I haven't got an account there).

Unfortunately there is still no feedback from Tom about the actual status of that bug...

@Tom: Is there anything I / we could do get some progress regarding that problem?