Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
additional001

Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by additional001 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:11 am

This is my current personal request for features and bug fixes for the IMacro's FireFox Plugin. I'm looking for comments from other iMacro FF Users and for Tech Support to take notice. After reading... everyone take a few minutes and make your own list... Post it here :)) I'm interested in what everyone else is looking for just as much as I want iOpus to take notice of the ones I want.

The List

Proxy Support,

Image Extraction Bug Fixed, I need to be able to extract info from images(HREF)

Pause and Continue while recording

Extend the FILTER command to be able to start and stop other things(Flash

The HELP button on the sidebar opens in new tab not a new window)

http://wiki.imacros.net/Command_Reference so that the Commands show the appropriate supported version icons. i.e.

UPDATE:12/5/14 So it's been awhile since did any real scripting. I've come back to see that a lot of my old requests and bugs that made iMacros very difficult to use have been fixed and features I requested so long ago finally made it in. So I guess it's time to dust off the ol notepad++ and start giving the TS a hard time again for new features and new bugs!

The NEWest List

1. An old one. Extend the FILTER command
2. Fix/Expand information in the wiki on EVENT
3. Add Support for other Mozilla Based browers (again) Such as SeaMonkey/Flock/Pale Moon
4. Add Support for Firefox Mobile (at least a play scripts function) .
5. Better Support for Cloud Drive systems. ie Google Drive, SkyDrive, etc

***Update for 5/16/16

So I was looking... and it appears I first posted this back in 2009. Today I started using the recorder function to lay down a script. I start noticing that I really need the ability to pause recording clicks edit it and then continue recording. Deja Vu. I requested this feature back in 2009! It would also really be beneficial if I could turn off downloading certain content with the FILTER element. Guess what... requested this be extended back in 2009 too! Nope. Also by now... why is it NOT possible to integrate with Fire Fox in a way that allows us to add extractions while recording? I think all of your users would agree. THIS NEEDS TO BE A PRIORITY. :x So...

ADD ABILITY TO PAUSE & EDIT WHILE RECORDING
EXTEND THE PLUGIN SO THAT EXTRACTION OPTIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITH CLICKS
Last edited by additional001 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iopus@mktg.org

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by iopus@mktg.org » Sat May 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi folks,

I subscribe to a number of websites and automate my logins. On some of them, iMacros for Firefox won't get past the LOGIN button. I discovered that the problem seems to be that when recording, iMacros calls the button Login_O instead of just Login. When I right clicked on the login button, its properties showed the name of just Login without the _O.

When I edited out the _O or maybe it was _0 (zero) or maybe it was _o (lower case) the macro works.

This has happened twice. On a few other sites, the recorder works fine. I don't know why.

Cheers,
David Mitchell
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sat May 09, 2009 8:48 pm

I think this list is a great idea and we will watch & read it carefully!

Additional001, quick note: EVENT:FAIL_IF_FOUND is supported in the new V6.2.2.1 Beta.

Ann
additional001

Post by additional001 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:10 am

Thank you Ann, I look forward to putting that to good use! Thank you for reading and taking note of this thread :) I will edit my original post anytime I think of new ideas and features and remove ones from the post that do get added.

Could you please pass along a note to the wiki team for me? I read the version history EVERY time a new version is released. It seems to me that this list is too concise and doesn't give us all the information on the changes made. The EVENT:FAIL_IF_FOUND being a good example. Please ask them to take a few more minutes and provide us with more info. This is the users main resource to knowing what is new and supported. It's possible that they could stumble upon it in the wikki command reference and take note of the supported by FF Plugin Icon... but its more than likely that won't happen... or it won't happen in time to take advantage of it for on going projects.

Please pass along Thanks and Congrats to the whole iMacro development team. You have created, what I consider; a must have plugin. FireFox isn't FireFox unless powered by iMacros! Again THANKS!
josephconlin

Post by josephconlin » Sun May 10, 2009 3:05 am

I'm really looking forward to trying out the XPATH functionality that is in the beta! Thanks for adding that!

I'd like to see the FF scripting interface get well defined error code returns for the same items (including pushing the stop button) that the iMacros browser has, and I would like to see these codes and error texts well documented (if they could be made the same as the iMacros browser returns, the documentation would be mostly taken care of).
agordon10

Post by agordon10 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 pm

I would really love the ability to do a global ONDIALOG BUTTON command much like the ST !ERRORIGNORE command.

I have my browser setup to never allow any popups and to ignore all messages which might generate from a site for things such as if i forgot to fill a line out and the form won't submit.

IMacros still pops up these messages and they stop my macros. The problem stems that on occasions, imacros attempts to submit a form before the form is done filling out data by maybe less than a second causing a popup which stops my macro.

I usually am not at my screen, so I can come back hours later and discover I need to hit "continue" in order for my macro to continue. A Global way to disable all dialog buttons would be great.
agordon10

Post by agordon10 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Here's a handy one that works in IE and should be incorporated in Firefox.

When you click on a link in your bookmarks, imacros should recognize it instead of having to put it in the address bar and click the enter button.
tmihor

Post by tmihor » Thu May 21, 2009 1:20 am

Let's pretend I have a website that has one (1) word on it.
This word is always the same but once written in caps and once in lowercase letters (bUt MoStLy mIxEd Up).

Just like !ERRORIGNORE makes iMacros TAG searching become indiscriminative of errors, I want a SET variable that makes it become indiscriminative of caps and lower-case letters.

Something like !ILLITERATE or !HILLBILLY
dudekracked

Post by dudekracked » Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 am

Hello iOpus,

i like to see a status bar icon for pausing and resuming the scripts, thus will have an option to hide the sidebar permanently while running scripts, this will also prevent the sidebar from popping up each time i use the bookmark feature of imacros. i like to run the bookmarked scripts without the sidebar but if the script has pause commands can be resumed in the status bar icon.

i like also to see a SKIP command, which will jump from a set of commands to another set. this can move FORWARD or BACK, because sometimes a set of commands are not properly executed and the only way to run the commands is to run the whole command again.

i like to request a FOCUS command or a way to automatically focus a tab before running a set of commands, this will prevent problems on logins input of the username and password.

and the last one is a way to ENCRYPT passwords.

thanks!
automate

Post by automate » Thu May 21, 2009 10:45 pm

I'd like to see the sidebar expandable vertically. I have lots of macros and only a very small window to view them in, whilst there's a huge window for a few buttons with record, edit etc.

I sort macros by putting a letter in front of them e.g. A-whatever, B-something else if I don't want them in the default alphabetical order.

I'd like a link to the command reference page in the sidebar, and the link to open in a new tab, not a new window.

I'd also like a command that says, 'If this page or these images fail to load in 2 seconds, carry on, don't hang on me.' Timeout and error ignore don't seem to do anything for this problem, and there are plenty of posts on this forum that seem to have the same unaddressed issue. I'm thinking of something along the lines of SET !NOHANG 3 which after 3 seconds would stop the browser loading anything i.e. have the same effect as pressing the red cross at the top of the browser.

Other than that, I think Imacros is fantastic!
zab

Post by zab » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:25 pm

automate wrote:I'd also like a command that says, 'If this page or these images fail to load in 2 seconds, carry on, don't hang on me.' Timeout and error ignore don't seem to do anything for this problem, and there are plenty of posts on this forum that seem to have the same unaddressed issue. I'm thinking of something along the lines of SET !NOHANG 3 which after 3 seconds would stop the browser loading anything i.e. have the same effect as pressing the red cross at the top of the browser.
I agree we need this one here. I have a data miner that has to pull 75 fields from a search results pages. Every empty field can take 5+ seconds to skip if the item is blank. When running through a loop of 1000 pages with 75 fields this can become a time consuming issue.

Also we could use the ability to pull a line from a segment. Say table cell contains 3 lines. Being able to pull the cell-line 1, cell-line 2, cell lin..... this would make the CSV file a little easier to deal with.

I could see that feature being implemented would make for many a great projects. Auto extracting needed data from web mails and more. Speaking of email, can this possibly be applied to Thunderbird. I could see all sorts of applications for iMacros and Thunderbird. Such as extracting data from a specific set of lines in an automated email response system and dumping into a CSV for later running a macro against in FF.
ABooth

Post by ABooth » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:38 pm

When creating JavaScript macros, it is typical that several different tests might hit the same pages and so you would create several .js test scripts that have common code in them.

Would it be possible to parse the .js files for Include tags, to import common libraries?
In other words, an iMacros equivalent of the HTML <script src="scriptName.js" type="text/javasctipt"></script>

Example: -

// *****************************
//@Include shared/common.js
//@Include shared/utilities.js

var testMode = com.company.common.testModes.QualityAssurance;
var myThing = com.company.common.getThing("A New Thing", true, com.company.common.thingType.UncleanThing );
myThing = com.company.utilities.cleanUp(myThing);

iimSet("Something", myThing.Something);
iimPlay(com.company.common.getLoginScriptName( com.company.common.testModes.QualityAssurance ) );
// *****************************

As .js files are executed directly, at present, there are no means to import common code.
iMacros for Firefox supports JavaScript Macros (Scripting)
JavaScript supports Java via LiveConnect

Therefore: You can write powerful macros with iMacros for Firefox. Have a look at this one

Post feature requests here. Maybe one day, they'll pin it?
vishnusanjit

Post by vishnusanjit » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 am

Hi iOpus,

Is the !EXTRACTDIALOG functionality coming to iMacros for Firefox anytime soon?
tmihor

Post by tmihor » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:15 am

Request commended.
ABooth

Post by ABooth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Enable Filename prefixing instead of just postfixing. (pre_filename instead of filename_post)
This would allow file grouping by test iteration.

Example: -
pages: MyPage.htm, AnotherPage.htm, Lastpage.htm

SET !VAR1 <SP>Test-{{!LOOP}}
SET !VAR2 C:\temp
SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER={{!VAR2}} FILE=+{{!VAR1}}

would produce images: -

AnotherPage Test 1.png
AnotherPage Test 2.png
AnotherPage Test 3.png
Lastpage Test 1.png
Lastpage Test 2.png
Lastpage Test 3.png
MyPage Test 1.png
MyPage Test 2.png
MyPage Test 3.png

And so on. These files can not easily be filtered, except by searching for *Test n.png and appear in explorer, out of sequence, except for Creation Date order

If we could prefix the file name, we could have something like: -

SET !VAR1 Test-{{!LOOP}}<SP>
SET !VAR2 C:\temp
'Note the '+' character is at the end, not immediately after the '='
SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER={{!VAR2}} FILE={{!VAR1}}+

and the file list would be: -

Test 1 AnotherPage.png
Test 1 Lastpage.png
Test 1 MyPage.png
Test 2 AnotherPage.png
Test 2 Lastpage.png
Test 2 MyPage.png
Test 3 AnotherPage.png
Test 3 Lastpage.png
Test 3 MyPage.png

Clearly grouping all test iteration images together.
iMacros for Firefox supports JavaScript Macros (Scripting)
JavaScript supports Java via LiveConnect

Therefore: You can write powerful macros with iMacros for Firefox. Have a look at this one

Post feature requests here. Maybe one day, they'll pin it?