Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:36 pm

jsbra4452 wrote:has anyone figured out why this error is popping up??
"Sorry, upload functionality is currently not supported in iMacros for Firefox."

Please help or fix it... TY
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread / post for the first time in an existing Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)

=> I reckon you'll be on iMacros for FF v9.0.3 (+ FF48...?, OS...?) which is based on v9.0.1_Beta + v9.0.2_Beta for which the Version History Page says:
Known issues:
Download of files with a .exe extension fails with an error "ONDOWNLOAD command was used but no download occurred. Error code - 804"
iMacros upgrade does not overwrite the demo macros. Workaround: A fresh iMacros install includes the latest version of the demos.

Commands not yet supported (they require Firefox API improvements):
SCREENSHOT TYPE=BROWSER, SAVEAS TYPE=CPL
File Upload in the TAG command cannot be supported
CLICK command is now replaced by EVENT mode in the Recorder. However, already existing macros that contain CLICK command can be replayed
A bit surprisingly, v9.0.3 is not even (yet) mentioned on that Page... :shock:

Only Solution/Workaround for you at this moment is to go back to v8.9.7 which is available from the same Page or from the Mozilla Add-ons Archive. (Or to use another Browser...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kevin34ert

Post by kevin34ert » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Hey, i just upgrade firefox 48 an get imacros 9.0.3 but when i play a iim is super slow and when i play a js file freezes at first line wtf .When i stop it it gives this error RuntimeError: Aborted: User pressed Stop button in iMacros sidebar. (Error code: -101)
kevin34ert

Post by kevin34ert » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 am

OMG can somebody fix the last update lol , are people on this forum lol .
Patuta

Post by Patuta » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:42 am

I have a simple script that stopped working properly in the new free imacros add-on for Firefox (9.03). The script triggers a button in an online vocabulary trainer after 5 seconds:
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:tf ATTR=*
The are no further entries in my script, particulary no active tab number being mentioned. That allowed me to open new tabs while the script was still running in the background tab it was assigned to. (Being able to open new tabs is vital to the vocab trainer.)
But since 9.03 imacros stalls when I open a new tab. The error message occuring after some minutes reads:
element INPUT specified by * was not found, line: 2 (Error code: -921)
I tried out adding "TAB T=1" and the link to the vocab trainer on top of my script. But whenever I opened a new tab the script would take over and redirect it to the online vocab link.
How can I make it work again?
malika

Post by malika » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:59 am

Hi All,
I'm using following code for Google Predictions but everytime I turn to this page where to buy phenq a guide on how to save money on my iMacros, it redirects me can someone help please as I was data from US region :

SET !VAR1 dog
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f ATTR=ID:lst-ib CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}* EXTRACT=TXT
Last edited by malika on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
chivracq

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests: 'URL GOTO'

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Posting in this Thread as I guess TechSup/Dev will locate this Post more easily than the original Thread, ah-ah...! 8)

Original Thread:
- [SOLVED] URL Goto appends HTTP:// to URL, can it be stopped?

There is (presumably...!) a "nasty" little Bug in 'URL GOTO' when using for example "view-source" because of the Dash I think which prevents "view-source" from being accepted as a valid URL and automatically wrongly prepends "http://" to it...! :shock:

The Bug is located in 'MacroPlayer.js' in the following Statement, I think...:

Code: Select all

if(!/^([a-z]+):.*/i.test(param)){param="http://"+param;}
See the original Thread for more Info and several Workarounds + one (drastic...!) Workaround, ah-ah...! :shock:
FCI's tested by myself:
- iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.
- iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v51.0.1, Win10-x64.
FCI tested by User @Housingassocmonkey:
- iMacros for FF v9.0.3, Firefox 51.0.1 32 bit, Windows 10.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
RayB

Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by RayB » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:01 pm

I am running VERSION BUILD=8970419, Windows 7, Firefox 51.01 (32-bit).

When you edit a macro, the macro editor pops up in black and white and then colors the macro parts. All this works perfectly. However at the either when you initially open the macro or the colorization has finished, the macro display finishes at the bottom of the macro.

Since my variables are all at the top of the macro I have to scroll to the top every time to reset them. It would help if the editor would automatically return to the top after completing the colorization. If there is some reason to stay at the bottom then maybe you could provide a top scroll button as part of the editor.

Thanks for your help!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:24 pm

RayB wrote:I am running

VERSION BUILD=8970419, Windows 7, Firefox 51.01 (32-bit).
When you edit a macro, the macro editor pops up in black and white and then colors the macro parts. All this works perfectly. However at the either when you initially open the macro or the colorization has finished, the macro display finishes at the bottom of the macro.

Since my variables are all at the top of the macro I have to scroll to the top every time to reset them. It would help if the editor would automatically return to the top after completing the colorization. If there is some reason to stay at the bottom then maybe you could provide a top scroll button as part of the editor.

Thanks for your help!
Yep, +1, I completely agree...!

Same here, and some of my (.iim) Macros contain 5000-8000 Lines for which I often need to modify some Constants placed as well at the Top of my Script(s), which means a loooooot of Scrolling for me, ah-ah...! :shock:

Workaround I use is to have some mini '.INI' / '.TXT' File used as a (2nd) DataSource containing all those Vars that I can easily access from a Bookmark or an 'External Application Buttons' Button on the File from the Bookmarks Bar in Pale Moon or FF. That '.INI' File can even be a "fake" '.iim' File used as the DataSource for easy/quick Access from the iMacros Side Panel...
(Using iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64 /+/ iMacros for FF v8..9.7, FF51, Win10-x64.)

The Editor is "contained" in the '.XPI' File for the Add-on (on FF) and was developed by some external Programmer, it can be easily decompiled and modified, and there is even a chance that this Programmer still maintains it (or would be willing to add some Modifications) and has some "newer" Version that can be replaced in the '.XPI'/'.JAR' File of the iMacros Add-on in FF, or used as an "external" Editor... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayB

Post by RayB » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply! My macros are not as long as yours so I imagine that you get really tired of the scroll. Using an external data file is a very interesting idea. I will have to think through how to implement it since I am learning the imacros programming and will have to search for how to use your approach.

Exlcellent idea!
zak.xpd

Post by zak.xpd » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Hello guys, I have the following problem:

I am using the latest version of iMacros (BUILD 10022823) on Firefox(51.0.1 (32-bit)). When I try to execute a macro with ANY js like this:

VERSION BUILD=10022823
URL GOTO=window.scrollTo(0,0)
The code is executed, but iMacros waits 60 seconds for page to load (there is no page, just js) and I get:
Page loading timeout, URL: window.scrollTo(0,0), line: 2 (Error code: -802)
I am executing the macro with iimPlay() from a js macro.

Can anyone help me please! Thank you in advance!
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 pm

zak.xpd wrote:

VERSION BUILD=10022823
The code is executed, but iMacros waits 60 seconds for page to load (there is no page, just js) and I get:
I think you mean

URL GOTO=javascript:window.scrollTo(0,0)
I have the same problem in the latest Firefox and latest iMacros (9.0.3). I have also tried 8.9.7 and same problem, even if I disable Firefox's multi-process mode. It does work but like you said it then waits. If you look at iMacros' version history you can see that javascript:... is no longer supported. That is a real problem, it's breaking stuff. Putting it in a js file gives
Error: Accessing content window is not supported in multiprocess Firefox, line 208 (Error code: -991)

I'm using 8.9.7 elsewhere to access the page DOM via js macros, see a separate thread I made about that at http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27304

In other words if you downgrade to 8.9.7 and disable multi-process then you can put in your js script window.scrollTo(0,0); or scrollBy, one of those should work.

Hopefully this will be fixed for multi-process and javascript: can return.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:13 am

zak.xpd wrote:Hello guys, I have the following problem:

I am using the latest version of iMacros (BUILD 10022823) on Firefox(51.0.1 (32-bit)). When I try to execute a macro with ANY js like this:

VERSION BUILD=10022823
I am executing the macro with iimPlay() from a js macro.

Can anyone help me please! Thank you in advance!
sightunseen wrote:
zak.xpd wrote:

VERSION BUILD=10022823
I think you mean

URL GOTO=javascript:window.scrollTo(0,0)
I have the same problem in the latest Firefox and latest iMacros (9.0.3). I have also tried 8.9.7 and same problem, even if I disable Firefox's multi-process mode. It does work but like you said it then waits. If you look at iMacros' version history you can see that javascript:... is no longer supported. That is a real problem, it's breaking stuff. Putting it in a js file gives
Error: Accessing content window is not supported in multiprocess Firefox, line 208 (Error code: -991)

I'm using 8.9.7 elsewhere to access the page DOM via js macros, see a separate thread I made about that at http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27304

In other words if you downgrade to 8.9.7 and disable multi-process then you can put in your js script window.scrollTo(0,0); or scrollBy, one of those should work.

Hopefully this will be fixed for multi-process and javascript: can return.
OK, 3rd Reply in this Thread which is only polluting it further..., your OP-@sightunseen doesn't belong to this Thread, there was no need to react, but anyway... => @OP, open a "Standalone" Thread and we can handle it a bit correctly... :idea:
=> Start from the complete Beg. from this other Thread then OK, I'll be doing some Digging..., if FCI mentioned...

(Yep, sorry, a bit useless otherwise, is only polluting this Thread any further...!)

EDIT (rather than an extra Post to avoid further "Pollution" of this Thread):
OP has opened a Standalone Thread:
- Help with GOTO=javascript
marcwoolery

Post by marcwoolery » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 pm

There is no way to SAVE AS COMPLETE in CHROME (HTM HTML), yet we can do it manually ??
The features used saving a web page in CHROME are different than the other browsers.

Also - what is the point of opening a new tab (TAB OPEN) and then ignoring it ? iMacro selects TAB 1 not the NEW TAB, so you lose what is in the TAB 1...??
mbaumwell

Post by mbaumwell » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

FireFox 53.0.2 (32-bit)
Doesn't run the iMacros commands from the command line.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=Demo-FillForm.iim

It launches FireFox but doesn't get the command into the address and loads a blank screen.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 12, 2017 4:24 pm

mbaumwell wrote:FireFox 53.0.2 (32-bit)
Doesn't run the iMacros commands from the command line.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=Demo-FillForm.iim

It launches FireFox but doesn't get the command into the address and loads a blank screen.
FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF53, OS...?

But yep, known Pb, since FF52 on v9.0.3, already reported/confirmed by TechSup in this Thread:
- imacros://run/?m= broken in Firefox 52 with MultiProc enable