Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nhk91

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by nhk91 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:07 am

Hello,

i want to report this:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20924

ruins the script if the imacros window is closed..
onemen

Bug on Firefox 21

Post by onemen » Fri May 24, 2013 7:34 am

Starting with Firefox 21 Imacros 8.3.0 break toString() on PlacesUIUtils functions.

it look like that toString() is broken on all files imported from resource:///modules/

also Components.utils.import from resource://gre/modules/ or resource://app/modules/ fails completely
with Exception: Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]
moulisak

Post by moulisak » Mon May 27, 2013 10:49 am

Bug report

Version of iMacros: 8300326
Operating system: Windows 7, English
Browser: Firefox 21.0
Demo macros works well

Problem:
Since new version of iMacros, recorded macro doesn't click on svg button. Button.html contains svg button with simple onclick action (go to google.com).

Recorded macro:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8300326 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.john.yc.cz/imacros/button.html

WAIT SECONDS=4
CLICK X=152 Y=63
Ends with error:
TypeError: details.target.focus is not a function, line: 6 (Error code: -1001)

This error occures with all recording modes.
In previous version of iMacros 7601105 and Firefox 17.0.1 everything works fine.
It would be nice if this works in new version of iMacros and Firefox.
Shital, Tech Support

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Mon May 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Hello moulisak,

I am trying to work on your post. From what I understand is, you are trying to record from this site "http://www.john.yc.cz/imacros/button.html" ? However, I could not load this site. Could you please write down the exact steps of what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,
Shital,iOpus Support
moulisak

Post by moulisak » Mon May 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Shital,

I posted the example of site I want to record to "http://www.john.yc.cz/imacros/button.html", the site works for me. Anyway, here is the html code of the site button.html:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>  
	<head>  
		<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">  
		<meta name="generator" content="PSPad editor, www.pspad.com">  
		<title>Example
		</title>

<script type="text/javascript">
    	function goToURL()
    		{
        	window.location = "http://www.google.com/"; 
    		}
		</script>

</head>  
	<body>  	
		<div>  		
			<svg id="_j" class="SvgContainer_627583427" onclick="goToURL();" viewBox="-490 -84.5 1280 469" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid" transform="matrix(1 0 0 1 0 0)" width="1280" height="469" style="overflow: hidden;position: absolute;left: -490px;top: -84px" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">														
				<g id="_m" class="Canvas_487326767" transform="matrix(1 0 0 1 0 0)">								
					<g id="_n" class="Button1" transform="matrix(1 0 0 1 60 24)" style="fill: gray;font-family: Segoe UI;font-size: 12px;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;cursor: pointer">									
						<rect id="_p" rx="2" ry="2" x="0.25" y="0.25" width="187.5" height="75.5" style="stroke-width: 1;stroke: rgba(128,128,128,1)">									
						</rect>									
						<text id="_o" style="fill: white;pointer-events: none;display: inline" transform="matrix(4.38597 0 0 4.38597 15.05264 57.73684)">										
							<tspan id="_o_0" x="0" style="display: inline">Button 										
							</tspan>									
						</text>								
					</g>							
				</g>						
			</svg>  	
		</div>  
	</body>
</html>
Here is what I want to achieve:
  • The svg code is automatically generated, ids of buttons may vary but positions are always the same, therefore I use XY recording.
  • I want to record click action on these buttons and then for example screen result page after click.
  • I can record this action, but when I replay recorded macro I get error TypeError: details.target.focus is not a function, line: 6 (Error code: -1001). Line 6 contains click action, e.g. CLICK X=152 Y=63.
Everything works in older version of iMacros but I would like to use new version of Firefox with new version of iMacros.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 pm

jbwocky wrote:Feature Request - variables with the paths to the Imacros working folders:

It would be great if there was a way to access the paths to the working folders (for macros, datasources, downloads).
For macros the variable could be used to run .js files using the URL command - currently you need to know the entire path if you want to do that, and when running scripts on multiple computers, with different OSs, it means you have to configure each script individually.
For datasources and downloads, it would allow you to access these files directly through javascript, rather than having to open and "read" them line by line with imacros.

Cheers!
The following post explains how to do this:

How to determine iMacros folder locations from Javascript
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Bug on Firefox 21

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 pm

onemen wrote:Starting with Firefox 21 Imacros 8.3.0 break toString() on PlacesUIUtils functions.

it look like that toString() is broken on all files imported from resource:///modules/

also Components.utils.import from resource://gre/modules/ or resource://app/modules/ fails completely
with Exception: Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]
This should be fixed with iMacros 8.5.1, please download the beta and give it a try!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
onemen

Re: Bug on Firefox 21

Post by onemen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:
onemen wrote:Starting with Firefox 21 Imacros 8.3.0 break toString() on PlacesUIUtils functions.

This should be fixed with iMacros 8.5.1, please download the beta and give it a try!
Thank you for the update the bug was fixed by the new version
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:19 am

DWICBIOOM wrote: Now, I know you guys don't support iMacros to work with other add-ons, but something in the code was changed in iMacros for Firefox version 8.240 (the two add-ons work together under Imacros ver. 7.6.0.2). If there is an easy way to support the cooperation of the two add-ons, then I wanted to request that such support be maintained.
Hi Clark,

Current versions of iMacros for Firefox use a more sandboxed approach to the Javascript scripting interface implementation. This was a design decision made intentionally to improve the security of iMacros and prevent potential abuse. Unfortunately, this also means that interacting with other plug-ins as you were doing is simply no longer possible.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
DWICBIOOM

Post by DWICBIOOM » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey Tom,

I really appreciate your response, even though it is bad news. And I'm not going to lie to you, your post killed a small piece of my soul. It shriveled up and died forever. It's never coming back. Of course I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but just know that your words have power. Although iMacros has been so excellent to me over the years, I really can't be too upset and shouldn't be so dramatic. I just wish you guys would loosen up the javascript/sandbox security feature that was implemented... Maybe an analogy can help my cause: even though a sharper knife may be more dangerous to its user, it is also likely to be far more effective at cutting the meat than otherwise... That's pretty good huh? Or not so much?

Okay if the analogy didn't do anything for you, then here comes an even more ridiculous feature request... Could we consider adopting and inserting the source code of the two firefox addons of Autofill Forms and Fox Input into the iMacros addon? In doing so, iMacros can have its own password storage manager which still supports encryption and utilize a new function such as SELECT_NEXT_TEXTBOX. This would provide your users with even more flexibility in how they build out their web automation solutions. Although I'm not sure if these two addons are open source and what (if any) licenses they may have. To make this happen, I would be happy to research the terms and conditions and contact the developers if necessary. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Thanks,
Cark
DWICBIOOM

Post by DWICBIOOM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:24 am

Hello,

I have thought of yet another feature request... It would be phenomenal to be able to send keystrokes to the Firefox browser with the iMacros add-on. With this approach, I'm thinking that we can utilize Keyconfig to rebind the keyboard shortcuts of the browser and other Firefox add-ons. Then, iMacros will again be able to interact with the other Firefox add-ons, but in a much safer manner than with direct Javascript commands. What do you think?

Please mull it over and drop me a line. Also, thanks again for everything you guys do - your add-on is awesome and always greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Cark
cloud007

Post by cloud007 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 pm

ADD doesnt seem to work with custom named userdefined variables in FF.

Simple test.

SET test 10
ADD test -5
Results in an error saying that !VAR0-9 or !EXTRACT was expacted. Works in IE and iMacros Browser.

SET doesnt support custom named userdefined variables in chrome so not able to test there.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:51 am

cloud007 wrote:ADD doesnt seem to work with custom named userdefined variables in FF.
Thank you for reporting this here! I have logged the issue for further investigation and would expect a fix for this in the next release.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:25 am

Coul you guys make it so that I can do something like this?

SET !DATASOURCE xxxxx.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !FILE_PROFILER {{!COL1}}_file.xml
And in that way I would have a file for each loop with the results only for that loop and not the overall script. For example in a multilingual website COL1 could be the language, and it will run the same script for each of them, having possibly different results
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:23 am

Firefox: 22
iMacros: 8.5.1 (beta)

Command

SET !SINGLESTEP YES
is not working the script sits there and does nothing
www.gustavorivera.com.mx