Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:56 pm

tylerdavinche wrote:this is a really common bug and its happend ever since the 6.215 i know alot of people who have gave up trying to fix it and in some cases stopped using imacros ff it seems to happen with most ajax type sites such as myyearbook,facebook and tagged ect i really do think somebody needs to look into this as ive seen numerous cases with people getting the same problem i do want to buy scripting edition but have been waiting for quite some time for this to be fixed before i do :) i have tried using differnt versions of firefox, stopping images from being displayed changing replay times everything and theres no way around it
Hi tylerdavinche,

In most cases, the commercial version of iMacros handles sites like this much better, especially with DirectScreen. And one of my posts in the other threads you referenced provides an example of how to build robustness into your macro by using the built-in Javascript scripting interface to better detect and handle errors in iMacros for Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 pm

ABooth wrote:How about access to the DOM from Javascript macros via an iim function?
Right now, there's a disconnect between the javascript executing in the plugin and the browser it is being run in. Surely, iMacros browser plug-in can bridge the gap between the browser it's being run in and the javascript macro it is executing?
It *is* possible to access the page DOM, see this post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ktm

Post by ktm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:24 am

Can you please make the imacros firefox addon (and I guess other browsers) have a resizable window. Presently the left side window in firefox looks as shown in the attachment.

I have many imacros in tree and folder structure and when I expand I have to scroll a lot or do too much navigation. Basically the top half of the window where the .iim can be seen is too small and invconvenient. If this can be resized so that he bottom part can be reduced, it would be very helpful.

Please consider adding this very useful feature.
Attachments
Imacros.jpg
ktm

Post by ktm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 am

Adding a NEW or CREATE NEW imacro interface in the firefox addon.

This will help one enter the code for iim directly instead of going to the corresponding folder.
Presently we have to record some new iim which goes into #Current.iim and then rename etc.

Please consider adding a new button to create a new iim which allows making the name of the iim, onto which something can be recorded or edited and written into.
ibruser

Post by ibruser » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm

BUG Fix Request: iMacros 7.4.0.4 and Feedly 6.

PS.: I posted in the wrong place. Sorry!
zounds011

Post by zounds011 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:29 pm

When iMacros for Firefox is updated, it will show an 'update completed' webpage, along with a dialog prompt to update the sample macros. The problem is that it will show this page on each open Firefox window. If you have 10 Firefox windows open (which I often have), you get 10 webpages and 10 dialogs. This is annoying.

In some of the Firefox windows, the Imacros webpage will appear in a new tab, but I have seen instances where the Imacros webpage overwrote an existing tab, in effect throwing away the existing content, which is a major problem.

(see http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 21&start=0)
ibruser

Post by ibruser » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:07 pm

zounds011 wrote:When iMacros for Firefox is updated, it will show an 'update completed' webpage, along with a dialog prompt to update the sample macros. The problem is that it will show this page on each open Firefox window. If you have 10 Firefox windows open (which I often have), you get 10 webpages and 10 dialogs. This is annoying.

In some of the Firefox windows, the Imacros webpage will appear in a new tab, but I have seen instances where the Imacros webpage overwrote an existing tab, in effect throwing away the existing content, which is a major problem.

(see http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 21&start=0)
You don't understood my problem!

I need to be more clear and simple: The new version of Feedly (6.0 or 6.1 released today) is not compatible with iMacros 7.4.x! OR The new version of iMacros is not compatible with Feedly 6! When iMacros is disabled, Feedly works!

Please, read again:

BUG Fix Request: iMacros 7.4.0.4 and Feedly 6.
zounds011

Post by zounds011 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Relax, ibruser. This thread is supposed to be a list of bugs and suggestions. My post was just that: a new bug report, not a response to your post.
If you want a more detailed discussion of your problem, you can create a new topic.
ibruser

Post by ibruser » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm

zounds011 wrote:Relax, ibruser. This thread is supposed to be a list of bugs and suggestions. My post was just that: a new bug report, not a response to your post.
If you want a more detailed discussion of your problem, you can create a new topic.
My english is very bad.

The mistake is my. My apologies.
borisbcs

Post by borisbcs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:34 am

I would like iMacros be compatible with FireFox 3.6.23. It does not!
dicki767

Post by dicki767 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am

iMacros for Firefox ver. 7.4.0.4 only highlights element, but doesn't scroll to element on some webpages.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

borisbcs wrote:I would like iMacros be compatible with FireFox 3.6.23. It does not!
You must use iMacros for Firefox 7.3.0.0 or earlier with Firefox 3.6. You can download older versions from the archive:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
blackjack

Post by blackjack » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 pm

How to stop applications from detecting which addons are installed. At least one Facebook game will not load if imacros is enabled.
ekid

Post by ekid » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Installing iMacros for Firefox 7.4.0.4 slows the browser's Javascript engine to a crawl. Simply having the add-on enabled drops V8 Benchmark Suite scores 5-6 times: in my case from 3000 to 550. Similar results observed with SunSpider and Kraken Javascript benchmarks. Tested with Firefox 7.01 on Mac OS X Lion and Linux Mint 11 (two different laptops). Created a fresh Firefox profile, with no other extensions. When iMacros is installed and enabled, performance suffers, when disabled or uninstalled -- all is normal. I doubt that it is supposed to be this way.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue. We already fixed the Javascript slow down issue (an issue with the Firefox debug api). The latest version 7.4.0. 7.is not yet on the Mozilla download site, but you can download it from http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History

Of course, if you still see any problems with this version, please get back to us.