Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
MrFlibble

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by MrFlibble » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 am

I am using iMacros 8.6.0 for Firefox, which I think is great.
Thank you very much for writing it!

Please can I add something to the wish list - at the moment, if my script (or the web server) crashes when running a loop, the counter resets to 0.
Would it be possible to keep the "Current:" value at the last number that was running when it crashes?
At the the moment, if the script crashes, the counter goes back to 0 and it is then difficult to tell how many runs were successful without looking at the server logs or network traffic (which of course takes more time).

Thank you,

MrFlibble
vicky

Post by vicky » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 am

• !ENDOFPAGE FOR firefox to control iMacro to extract details only from a particular div tag.
  • Chunking : convert the page source in small array(regex split) to extract list of products, so imacro extract details of each product while not go to another portion of page.
  • REGEX Search : Should be able to find global iterative match. to extract details from website source where imacro tag fails.
  • HTTP Post/Http GET method : To submit form element/ajax date/ajax drop down list/ajax search, where iMacro not able to record and fill those boxes. A user can use these method to submit information directly passing to post/get.
pchelak

Post by pchelak » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Can you add a simple command for Macros to jump to a certain line in iMacros editor?

ex. jump to line=29

this would allow to skip some parts of script based on conditional statements

Pchelak
Colibry

Post by Colibry » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:05 pm

The iMacros version 8.60 has a bug with FireFox 26. I just got update of the FireFox and my folder with scripts is not recognized.

I used this folder

Code: Select all

Documents\Macros\
So when I change to

Documents\iMacros\Macros\
this folder is not recognized too.

I only have this in my iMacros http://prntscr.com/2cl022
Shital, Tech Support

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:11 am

Hello,

Please describe the exact details of your case.
- How did the folder structure look like while you were using 8.60 ?
- What was the version of Firefox then ?
- Did you upgrade to Firefox 26 recently ?
- When did you change the folder structure of iMacros ?

Regards,
Shital,iOpus Support
Colibry

Post by Colibry » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Shital, iOpus wrote:Hello,

Please describe the exact details of your case.
- How did the folder structure look like while you were using 8.60 ?
- What was the version of Firefox then ?
- Did you upgrade to Firefox 26 recently ?
- When did you change the folder structure of iMacros ?

Regards,
Shital,iOpus Support

1. It looked like this http://prntscr.com/2ecjjm . The folders on the left side were shown correctly. There was a demo folder with few other folders that I used.

2. The version was FireFox 25. As soon as FF updated (automatically) it because as you can see on screen shot above.

3. Yes. Few days ago. Around the time I posted the first post.

4. I changed the folder structure after the bug and few other times. Nothing changed. So I reverted to the folder structure like you see on screen shot.
Colibry

Post by Colibry » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Any updates on this issue ? The bug is still present.
Shital, Tech Support

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:31 am

Hello,

This is very strange. I re-verified iMacros 8.6.0 with Firefox version 26 and things are absolutely fine. Just a suggestion, I know this would sound silly. My guess is that your Favorites folder is not expanded. Can try clicking on that small arrow on the left of Favorites and let me know what happens.

Regards,
Shital,iOpus Support
Colibry

Post by Colibry » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:22 pm

Shital, iOpus wrote:Hello,

This is very strange. I re-verified iMacros 8.6.0 with Firefox version 26 and things are absolutely fine. Just a suggestion, I know this would sound silly. My guess is that your Favorites folder is not expanded. Can try clicking on that small arrow on the left of Favorites and let me know what happens.

Regards,
Shital,iOpus Support
I reinstalled FireFox and iMacros and changed to folder \Documents\Macros\ .

Edit: It works now. I did few reinstalls and changed back to iMacros default folder. It works for now.
ookiemon

Post by ookiemon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Just upgraded to FireFox 27.0.1
and then upgraded iMacro addon to iMacros for Firefox 8.6.0
running a macro that was working perfectly before - getting this error:

TypeError: result is null, line 28 (Error code: -1001)

Its a simple extract and compare results macro . the line it refers to (28) is:

SET !VAR2 EVAL("var s=\"{{!EXTRACT}}\"; var bytes=/\\d{1,10}/; var bytesStr=bytes.exec(s); bytesStr;")
how do i downgrade. looking your oldversions page in hope you have one somewhere...

*EDIT* tried it few more times . on another page - different one from the one i activated it on before that failed - and it worked. and now going back to the older page it failed on - it works now. i changed nothing so i'm unsure what has happened.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:21 am

ookiemon wrote:Just upgraded to FireFox 27.0.1

SET !VAR2 EVAL("var s=\"{{!EXTRACT}}\"; var bytes=/\\d{1,10}/; var bytesStr=bytes.exec(s); bytesStr;")
how do i downgrade. looking your oldversions page in hope you have one somewhere...

*EDIT* tried it few more times . on another page - different one from the one i activated it on before that failed - and it worked. and now going back to the older page it failed on - it works now. i changed nothing so i'm unsure what has happened.
Sounds like Pb is solved then...

But if you ever need to downgrade to some older Version of iMacros, just search the Forum with "Tom Mozilla Archive", he's given the Link maybe 20 times already...

And the latest Version of iMacros for FF is currently v8.8.1...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ookiemon

Post by ookiemon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:12 am

chivracq wrote:
ookiemon wrote:Just upgraded to FireFox 27.0.1

Sounds like Pb is solved then...

But if you ever need to downgrade to some older Version of iMacros, just search the Forum with "Tom Mozilla Archive", he's given the Link maybe 20 times already...

And the latest Version of iMacros for FF is currently v8.8.1...
Nop just now encountered it again. same thing.
Then i saw your post and upgraded to 8.8.1 (i thought 8.6.0 is last one as per the official site).
but still teh same there.

for now.. anyway.

Thanks for the older versions pointer.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 am

My 2ct concerning your Problem... (And you should mention in what Versions of iMacros and Firefox your Script did work fine before...)

"NULL" is a legit Return Value for your 'exec()' Function in the 'EVAL()' if the RegEx was not found.
So I guess you now get the RuntimeError only when the RegEx is not found and EVAL() now seems to have some difficulties with it...
Then you could add some extra Validation in your EVAL() to return an empty String instead of NULL if not found.
Or you can use !ERRORIGNORE YES/NO just before and just after your EVAL() Statement to get your Script going. (And you hard code a "SET !VAR2 """ or "SET !VAR2 NULL" just before the EVAL() Statement.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
ookiemon

Post by ookiemon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:51 pm

chivracq wrote:My 2ct concerning your Problem... (And you should mention in what Versions of iMacros and Firefox your Script did work fine before...)
the earlier script had this as first line: VERSION BUILD=8011895 but that was just the version it was created with right? not sure which earlier version i actually had.
chivracq wrote: "NULL" is a legit Return Value for your 'exec()' Function in the 'EVAL()' if the RegEx was not found.
So I guess you now get the RuntimeError only when the RegEx is not found and EVAL() now seems to have some difficulties with it...
Then you could add some extra Validation in your EVAL() to return an empty String instead of NULL if not found.
Or you can use !ERRORIGNORE YES/NO just before and just after your EVAL() Statement to get your Script going. (And you hard code a "SET !VAR2 """ or "SET !VAR2 NULL" just before the EVAL() Statement.)
Yep you were exactly right. thanks :)

I changed that line to

SET !VAR2 EVAL("var s=\"{{!EXTRACT}}\"; var bytes=/\\d{1,10}/; var bytesStr=bytes.exec(s); var nll=0; if (bytesStr == null) nll; else bytesStr;")
and now it works (and hopefully it will stick this time). i guess the earlier version - whichever version i was - somehow didn't see that as a problem and moved on with the script (and i did not set !ERRORIGNORE YES/NO anywhere on that macro)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 am

ookiemon wrote:Yep you were exactly right. thanks :)

I changed that line to

SET !VAR2 EVAL("var s=\"{{!EXTRACT}}\"; var bytes=/\\d{1,10}/; var bytesStr=bytes.exec(s); var nll=0; if (bytesStr == null) nll; else bytesStr;")
and now it works (and hopefully it will stick this time). i guess the earlier version - whichever version i was - somehow didn't see that as a problem and moved on with the script (and i did not set !ERRORIGNORE YES/NO anywhere on that macro)
'Yes, I'm always EXACTLY right, unless I say stg like "Maybe", "Eventually" or "I'm not sure but..."
(Just kidding btw, seems like I do have some kind of humor, but not accessible for everybody... (Oups!) :oops: )

Glad that your Script now works and it looks much more robust to me indeed... :D

And mini-thanks for you thanking me...

And !ERRORIGNORE (YES/)NO + PROMPT {{Variable}} are indeed the best Debugging-Ways