Can iMacro Calculate?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Can iMacro Calculate?

by LAPIII on Sun May 24, 2009 1:42 pm

How do I automatically make calculations with iMacro?
LAPIII

Re: Can iMacro Calculate?

by Hannes, Tech Support on Mon May 25, 2009 6:13 am

In general, no.
You should use a script to do the calculation and then use your variable's data in the macros.

However, there is the ADD command (http://wiki.imacros.net/ADD) that may be enough in some cases.
Hannes, iOpus Support
Hannes, Tech Support

by LAPIII on Tue May 26, 2009 8:05 am

Can I use I macro with the calculator? If so, the how?
LAPIII

by Hannes, Tech Support on Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 am

As said above, you should use a script to do the calculation and then use your variable's data in the macros.
Hannes, iOpus Support
Hannes, Tech Support

by Tech Support on Wed May 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Tech Support

by josephconlin on Fri May 29, 2009 8:14 pm

LAPIII wrote:Can I use I macro with the calculator? If so, the how?

If you mean, can you use iMacros to automate the Windows Calculator, the answer is no. iMacros is used to automate browsing a website. If you have a website that has a calculator on it, you might be able to make that work, but you will probably need a version of iMacros that you have to pay for. If you just need to do some math, like adding two extracted numbers together, you might be able to do what you want with the ADD command. If you need to do something a little more complex, you will need to use a scripting language to do the math and have the scripting language interact with iMacros. That will require some programming.

Hope this helps.
josephconlin

Return to iMacros for Firefox