Go to next tab

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rafal005

Go to next tab

Post by rafal005 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:36 pm

I have several tabs opened (for example 10 tabs, they are private messages on my board/forum to some users). There are fields to fill in: topic and message (each tab to different user). But I want to send them the same message. I know how to fill in these fields using iMacros, but I don't know how to go to next tab. I don't want to use TAB T=1 TAB T=2 TAB T=3 etc. because sometimes I have to send a message to 50 users. So my question is: is there some kind of loop to go to next tab and put the same message in the same fields? Do you understand what I am talking about? :mrgreen:
att

Re: Go to next tab

Post by att » Thu May 28, 2009 6:39 pm

//GO TO NEXT TAB ---> Fill Data
TAB T=2 'Takes you to the next tab !

Fill Data
How to configure Cisco Routers
www.ittrainingexpert.info
rafal005

Post by rafal005 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:58 pm

I know that! Did you read my post? I don't want to use TAB T=2 TAB T=3 etc. because macro would be much too long. I want to create something like loop, for example:
From TAB T=1 to TAB T=100 //loop
bla bla bla //filling in fields
TAB T= TAB T + 1

Do you understand what I mean?
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri May 29, 2009 7:36 am

Take it easy, rafal005.

Have you tried using the !LOOP variable? http://wiki.imacros.net/LOOP
rafal005

Post by rafal005 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 am

Yes, I tried, but it didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong?

For 3 tabs:

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
SET !LOOP 3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:compose ATTR=ID:compose_topic CONTENT=Wielkie<SP>Oblewanie<SP>Matur!
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:compose ATTR=ID:compose_content CONTENT=piątek,<SP>29<SP>maja<SP>2009<BR><BR>Z<SP>okazji<SP>zakończenia<SP>matur<SP>zapraszamy<SP>wszystkich<SP>maturzystów
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=NAME:submit
TAB T={{!LOOP}}
But it doesn't work :(
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri May 29, 2009 9:20 am

With "SET !LOOP 3" you make the !LOOP variable start with "3", cf. http://wiki.imacros.net/LOOP
Remove that line, and the macro will start with {{!LOOP}} being "1" when you run the macro by "Play (Loop)".

And one more thing, there is no way to loop only parts of the macro.
So if you need a login first, run that macro alone, and the the next one in loop mode.
rafal005

Post by rafal005 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm

TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:compose ATTR=ID:compose_topic CONTENT=Wielkie<SP>Oblewanie<SP>Matur!
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:compose ATTR=ID:compose_content CONTENT=piątek,<SP>29<SP>maja<SP>2009<BR><BR>Z<SP>okazji<SP>zakończenia<SP>matur<SP>zapraszamy<SP>wszystkich<SP>maturzystów
TAB T={{!LOOP}}
It doesn't work :( It doesn't move to second tab and others. It only make things in tab 1 and stops.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Do you click "Play (Loop)" to start the macro?
With "Max" set to (at least) three?
josephconlin

Post by josephconlin » Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 am

rafal005 wrote:

TAB T=1
TAB T={{!LOOP}}
It doesn't work :( It doesn't move to second tab and others. It only make things in tab 1 and stops.
Your very first line sets the active tab to 1. Assuming you're using the Play (Loop) button, here is what happens each of the first 3 times through the loop based on the code you posted.

!LOOP=1
1) Switch to Tab 1.
2) Post content to various fields
3) Click a submit button
4) Switch to Tab 1.

!LOOP=2
1) Switch to Tab 1.
3) Click a submit button
4) Switch to Tab 2.

!LOOP=3
1) Switch to Tab 1.
3) Click a submit button
4) Switch to Tab 3.

Notice that the very first thing that happens each time through the loop is that the active tab is set to 1. Try this code instead.

TAB T={{!LOOP}}
This makes the first three times through the loop work like this.

!LOOP=1
1) Switch to Tab 1.
3) Click a submit button

!LOOP=2
1) Switch to Tab 2.
3) Click a submit button

!LOOP=3
1) Switch to Tab 3.
3) Click a submit button