Possible bug in FF plugin with FF 3.5.x on money.cnn.com

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
josephconlin

Possible bug in FF plugin with FF 3.5.x on money.cnn.com

Post by josephconlin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:10 pm

It seems that I frequently (but not always) get an error in FF 3.5.x with iMacros 6.2.4.0 when I visit http://money.cnn.com. When it happens, it seems that I can view the page normally for about 5 to 10 seconds, and then I start getting warnings from FF about a script that is either running long or has become unresponsive. I followed the path shown in FF to the iMacros file nsiMacros.js.

When this happens, if I click to allow the script to continue, it comes back with the same warning again for a few times, until eventually FF crashes. If I click to attempt to stop the script, I sometimes get the same warning again for a time or two, but usually it leads to a FF crash more quickly. Either way, once this error appears, the only thing that gets me out of it is to let FF crash and then restart it (and navigate away from money.cnn.com before the problem manifests itself again).

This seems to happen most often when the website is loading up one of the videos that it uses and starts to play it automatically. Sometimes the site doesn't start the video automatically, and in those instances, it seems like this issue does not appear.

I'm using FF 3.5.2, iMacros 6.2.4.0, WinXP Pro SP3. Note that I am not attempting to run a macro on the money.cnn.com website - in most cases, I don't even have the sidebar open.

I have several other extensions installed as well, with many of them disabled, but I didn't start seeing this problem until I upgraded FF from 3.0.x to 3.5.x. I didn't ever track down the script that was causing the problem until today, and I was surprised to see that it was iMacros, as it has usually been a pretty stable plugin.

To duplicate:
1) Visit money.cnn.com.
2) Notice if the video seems to be getting started automatically. If it is, wait 5 to 10 seconds and get a FF message about an unresponsive script.

Support, if you are unable to duplicate this problem, do let me know. It might just be my profile is a little out of whack or something.
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Possible bug in FF plugin with FF 3.5.x on money.cnn.com

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:09 am

Cannot reproduce it with plugin 6.2.4.0, FF 3.5.3 on VISTA.

Is there anyone else who experiences this issue?