open new tab then perform action from original screen?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
questions

open new tab then perform action from original screen?

Post by questions » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 pm

ive got a page with 25 links to delete 25 items on that page

i want to click the delete button which is a javacript link and have it load that link in a new tab

however, when recording imacros for firefox, doesnt recognize, the right click "open in new window" mouse actions that i'm doing, it only records the left click (normal/main mouse button) actions

so i have the code to make imacros click on the javascript delete button, but don't know how to make it do it in the tab of my choice...

can someone tell me how to do this?

here is the code to click on the javascript link to delete one of the items...

Code: Select all

TAG POS=21 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:delete
pos is pos 1 through 25

i'd like that code to be opened in a new tab then have imacros return to tab 1 to click on the next delete link into a new tab which is 22 in this case
questions

Re: open new tab then perform action from original screen?

Post by questions » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:36 pm

questions wrote:ive got a page with 25 links to delete 25 items on that page

i want to click the delete button which is a javacript link and have it load that link in a new tab

however, when recording imacros for firefox, doesnt recognize, the right click "open in new window" mouse actions that i'm doing, it only records the left click (normal/main mouse button) actions

so i have the code to make imacros click on the javascript delete button, but don't know how to make it do it in the tab of my choice...

can someone tell me how to do this?

here is the code to click on the javascript link to delete one of the items...

TAG POS=21 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:delete
pos is pos 1 through 25

i'd like that code to be opened in a new tab then have imacros return to tab 1 to click on the next delete link into a new tab which is 22 in this case

i see this code from the wiki, but its just showing examples of goto url, not on how to open a new tab then click on a link from the tab of my choice

' open a webpage in the first tab 
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com 
' open a new tab 
TAB OPEN 
' get new tab to foreground 
TAB T=2 
' load another page 
URL GOTO=http://www.google.com 
' close the second tab 
TAB CLOSE 
TAB T=1
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: open new tab then perform action from original screen?

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Hello,

If the element offers the option "Open Link in New Tab" when right-clicked, then it is a link. In other words, it has a HREF associated to it.

You have to find a way to tag this element... Perhaps if you look in the HTML code and search for "delete", you will see that the SPAN element is just related to the text and the element is indeed a A (link). Then all you have to do is to extract its HREF and use URL GOTO to load the next tab. You find an example in the following forum post: http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6630.

I hope this helps you.