Can´t record Macros

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
SG1970

Can´t record Macros

Post by SG1970 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Hello,
I used imacros V 0.6.1.0 with Firefox2.0 for a long time with no problems.
Today I installed Firefox 3.5.6 and the newest Version of imacros.
Now I have problems recording a macro: When I start recording it writes down the actual site on the imacros-sidebar. When I try to klick on a button on the website, imacro says "recording" but it doesn´t adding any text in the sidebar. This happens on different websites.
Because I read in the forum, that some people had problems with the newest version from imacros, I tried some older versions. But this didn´t help.
I hope you understand my problem because of my not so good english.
Does anybody have a tip for me to solve the problem?
Thank you very much.
SG
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Can´t record Macros

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Does this happen on *any* site, like this forum, e.g. ?

The behaviour your describe would be "normal", if you were referring to Java/Flash applets, which need the iMacros DirectScreen Technology for automatisation, but which is not yet part of the Firefox plugin.
SG1970

Post by SG1970 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello Hannes,

yes, this happen on any site, even on this forum. When I press "record", than I see on the top of the imacros sidebar the red"recording"line and below this a green line. On each klick, that I do, the green line turns into red, but no line of text is added to the macro, as it used to be with my old versions of firefox and imacros. I see only the first tree lines:

VERSION BUILD=6210326 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 183dc106c1

Thank you for your help

SG
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for the details.

What operating system are you using?
SG1970

Post by SG1970 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I am using Windows XP

SG
SG1970

Post by SG1970 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Does anyone has an idea?

Thank you

SG
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:24 am

Please see if the error console displays any error message: http://wiki.imacros.net/Firefox_Error_Console
SG1970

Post by SG1970 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Hello,

The javascript.options.showInConsole was set to false. I changed it to true and restarted the firefox.
Then I tried to record a macro. It is not possible.
In the Error Console I get the following message:

Fehler: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getBoolPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://imacros/content/utils.js :: anonymous :: line 1" data: no]
Quelldatei: chrome://imacros/content/utils.js
Zeile: 1

The same message comes several times.

Thank you for your help

Sven
ABooth

Post by ABooth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:50 pm

I foresee a response with the words 'reboot', 'uninstall', 'retry', 'close', 'other' ...
iMacros for Firefox supports JavaScript Macros (Scripting)
JavaScript supports Java via LiveConnect

Therefore: You can write powerful macros with iMacros for Firefox. Have a look at this one

Post feature requests here. Maybe one day, they'll pin it?
xjr00t

Post by xjr00t » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:26 am

I have a same problem.
Same error on English:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getBoolPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://imacros/content/utils.js :: anonymous :: line 1" data: no]
Source: chrome://imacros/content/utils.js
Row: 1

Maybe is something wrong in utils.js ?

Code: Select all

var imns={get Ci(){return Components.interfaces;},get Cc(){return Components.classes;},get osvc(){var os=this.Cc["@mozilla.org/observer-service;1"];return os.getService(this.Ci.nsIObserverService);},get prefsvc(){var ps=this.Cc["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"];return ps.getService(this.Ci.nsIPrefService);},get consvc(){var cs=this.Cc["@mozilla.org/consoleservice;1"];return cs.getService(this.Ci.nsIConsoleService);}};var im_FIO={openNode:function(name){var node=imns.Cc['@mozilla.org/file/local;1'];node=node.createInstance(imns.Ci.nsILocalFile);node.initWithPath(name);return node;},openMacroFile:function(macro){var file=im_Pref.getFilePref("defsavepath");var nodes=macro.split(__psep()).reverse();while(nodes.length)file.append(nodes.pop());return file;},makeDirectory:function(name){var dir=this.openNode(name);if(dir.exists()){if(!dir.isDirectory()){dir.remove(false);dir.create(imns.Ci.nsIFile.DIRECTORY_TYPE,0777);}}else{dir.create(imns.Ci.nsIFile.DIRECTORY_TYPE,0777);}return dir;},copyFiles:function(src,dst){try{if(src==dst){Components.utils.reportError("copyFiles error: src equals dst!");return false;}var src_dir=this.openNode(src);if(!src_dir.exists()){Components.utils.reportError("copyFiles error: src doesn't exists!");return false;}var dst_dir=this.makeDirectory(dst);var entries=src_dir.directoryEntries;while(entries.hasMoreElements()){var tmp=null;var entry=entries.getNext().QueryInterface(imns.Ci.nsILocalFile);if(entry.isDirectory()){tmp=dst_dir.clone();tmp.append(entry.leafName);this.copyFiles(entry.path,tmp.path);}else{tmp=this.openNode(dst_dir.path);tmp.append(entry.leafName);if(tmp.exists())tmp.remove(false);entry.copyTo(dst_dir,null);}}}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);return false;}return true;},_uconv:function(){var uniconv=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/intl/scriptableunicodeconverter"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIScriptableUnicodeConverter);return uniconv;},_ios:function(){var ios=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"].getService(imns.Ci.nsIIOService);return ios;},_fos:function(){var fos=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/network/file-output-stream;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIFileOutputStream);return fos;},_fis:function(){var fis=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/network/file-input-stream;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIFileInputStream);return fis;},convertToUTF8:function(str){var uniconv=this._uconv();uniconv.charset='UTF-8';return uniconv.ConvertFromUnicode(str);},convertFromUTF8:function(str){var uniconv=this._uconv();uniconv.charset='UTF-8';return uniconv.ConvertToUnicode(str);},_write:function(file,str){var fos=this._fos();fos.init(file,0x02|0x08|0x20,0777,0);fos.write(str,str.length);fos.close();},_append:function(file,str){var fos=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/network/file-output-stream;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIFileOutputStream);fos.init(file,0x02|0x08|0x10,0777,0);fos.write(str,str.length);fos.close();},detectBOM:function(file){var ios=this._ios();var bstream=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/binaryinputstream;1"].getService(imns.Ci.nsIBinaryInputStream);var channel=ios.newChannelFromURI(ios.newFileURI(file));var input=channel.open();bstream.setInputStream(input);var charset="unknown";if(input.available()>4){var data=bstream.readBytes(4);if(data.charCodeAt(0)==239&&data.charCodeAt(1)==187&&data.charCodeAt(2)==191){charset="UTF-8";}else if(data.charCodeAt(0)==0&&data.charCodeAt(1)==0&&data.charCodeAt(2)==254&&data.charCodeAt(3)==255){charset="UTF-32BE";}else if(data.charCodeAt(0)==255&&data.charCodeAt(1)==254&&data.charCodeAt(2)==0&&data.charCodeAt(3)==0){charset="UTF-32LE";}else if(data.charCodeAt(0)==255&&data.charCodeAt(1)==254){charset="UTF-16LE";}else if(data.charCodeAt(0)==254&&data.charCodeAt(1)==255){charset="UTF-16BE";}}bstream.close();input.close();return charset;},_read:function(file,charset){var is=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/intl/converter-input-stream;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIConverterInputStream);const rc=imns.Ci.nsIConverterInputStream.DEFAULT_REPLACEMENT_CHARACTER;var fis=this._fis(),data="",str={};fis.init(file,-1,0,0);is.init(fis,charset,1024,rc);while(is.readString(4096,str)!=0)data+=str.value;is.close();return data;},readTextFile:function(file){var charset=this.detectBOM(file),data="";if(charset!="unknown")return this._read(file,charset);var branch=imns.prefsvc.getBranch("intl.charset.");var defCharset=branch.getCharPref("default");var charsetList=["UTF-8",defCharset,"UTF-16","UTF-32"];for(var i=0;i<charsetList.length;i++){data=this._read(file,charsetList[i]);if(data.match(/\uFFFD|\0/))continue;else return data;}throw new Error("Unable to detect the file ("+file.path+") charset");},writeTextFile:function(file,text){var utf8bom=String.fromCharCode(239)+String.fromCharCode(187)+String.fromCharCode(191);var data=utf8bom+this.convertToUTF8(text);this._write(file,data);},appendTextFile:function(file,text){var data=this.convertToUTF8(text);if(!file.exists()){var utf8bom=String.fromCharCode(239)+String.fromCharCode(187)+String.fromCharCode(191);data=utf8bom+data;}this._append(file,data);},};var im_Dialogs={browseForFolder:function(title,defdir){try{var fp=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/filepicker;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker);fp.init(window,title,imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.modeGetFolder);if(defdir)fp.displayDirectory=defdir;var rv=fp.show();if(rv==imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.returnOK){return fp.file;}}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}return null;},browseForFileSave:function(title,filename,defdir){try{var fp=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/filepicker;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker);fp.init(window,title,imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.modeSave);fp.defaultString=filename;if(/\.js$/.test(filename))fp.appendFilter("iMacros script","*.js");else if(/\.iim$/.test(filename))fp.appendFilter("iMacros macro","*.iim");else if(/\.(?:png|jpe?g)$/.test(filename))fp.appendFilters(fp.filterImages);fp.appendFilters(imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.filterAll);fp.filterIndex=0;var rootdir=defdir?defdir:im_Pref.getFilePref("defsavepath");fp.displayDirectory=rootdir;var r=fp.show();if(r==imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.returnOK||r==imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.returnReplace){return fp.file;}}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}return null;},browseForFileOpen:function(title,defdir){try{var fp=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/filepicker;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker);fp.init(window,title,imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.modeOpen);fp.appendFilters(imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.filterAll);fp.filterIndex=0;var rootdir=defdir?defdir:im_Pref.getFilePref("defsavepath");fp.displayDirectory=rootdir;var r=fp.show();if(r==imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.returnOK||r==imns.Ci.nsIFilePicker.returnReplace){return fp.file;}}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}return null;},confirm:function(text){var prompts=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/prompt-service;1"].getService(imns.Ci.nsIPromptService);var check={value:false};var flags=prompts.STD_YES_NO_BUTTONS;var button=prompts.confirmEx(window,"",text,flags,"","","",null,check);return button==0;}};var im_Pref={get psvc(){return Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefService);},get imBranch(){return this.psvc.getBranch("extensions.imacros.");},get defBranch(){return this.psvc.getBranch(null);},_get_branch:function(oldpref){return(oldpref?this.defBranch:this.imBranch);},getIntPref:function(prefName,oldpref){try{return this._get_branch(oldpref).getIntPref(prefName);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);return null;}},setIntPref:function(prefName,value,oldpref){try{this._get_branch(oldpref).setIntPref(prefName,value);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}},getCharPref:function(prefName,oldpref){try{return this._get_branch(oldpref).getCharPref(prefName);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);return null;}},setCharPref:function(prefName,value,oldpref){try{this._get_branch(oldpref).setCharPref(prefName,value);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}},getBoolPref:function(prefName,oldpref){try{return this._get_branch(oldpref).getBoolPref(prefName);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);return null;}},setBoolPref:function(prefName,value,oldpref){try{this._get_branch(oldpref).setBoolPref(prefName,value);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}},getFilePref:function(prefName,oldpref){try{var store=im_Pref.getBoolPref("store-in-profile");if(store&& !oldpref){var ds=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"].getService(imns.Ci.nsIProperties);var profdir=ds.get("ProfD",imns.Ci.nsILocalFile);profdir.append("iMacros");switch(prefName){case "defdownpath":profdir.append("Downloads");break;case "defdatapath":profdir.append("Datasources");break;case "deflogpath":break;case "defsavepath":profdir.append("Macros");break;default:return this._get_branch(oldpref).getComplexValue(prefName,imns.Ci.nsILocalFile);}return profdir;}else{if(oldpref)return this._get_branch(oldpref).getCharPref(prefName);else return this._get_branch(oldpref).getComplexValue(prefName,imns.Ci.nsILocalFile);}}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);return null;}},setFilePref:function(prefName,value,oldpref){try{this._get_branch(oldpref).setComplexValue(prefName,imns.Ci.nsILocalFile,value);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}},getStringPref:function(prefName,oldpref){try{return this._get_branch(oldpref).getComplexValue(prefName,imns.Ci.nsISupportsString).data;}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);return null;}},setStringPref:function(prefName,value,oldpref){try{this._get_branch(oldpref).setComplexValue(prefName,imns.Ci.nsISupportsString,value);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}},clearPref:function(prefName,oldpref){try{this._get_branch(oldpref).clearUserPref(prefName);}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);}}};var im_Clipboard={get clip(){return imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboard;1"].getService(imns.Ci.nsIClipboard);},putString:function(txt){var str=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/supports-string;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsISupportsString);str.data=txt;var trans=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/widget/transferable;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsITransferable);trans.addDataFlavor("text/unicode");trans.setTransferData("text/unicode",str,txt.length*2);this.clip.setData(trans,null,imns.Ci.nsIClipboard.kGlobalClipboard)},getString:function(){var has_data=this.clip.hasDataMatchingFlavors(["text/unicode"],1,imns.Ci.nsIClipboard.kGlobalClipboard);if(!has_data)return null;var trans=imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/widget/transferable;1"].createInstance(imns.Ci.nsITransferable);trans.addDataFlavor("text/unicode");this.clip.getData(trans,imns.Ci.nsIClipboard.kGlobalClipboard);var str={},len={};trans.getTransferData("text/unicode",str,len);str=str.value.QueryInterface(imns.Ci.nsISupportsString);var txt=str.data.substring(0,len.value/2);return txt;}};function im_msg2con(code,errtext,extract,performance){var s;if(code>0)errtext="Macro compeleted OK.";if(!extract)extract="";if(!performance)performance="";s=errtext+"[iim!E!iim]"+extract+"[iim!S!iim]"+performance;return s;};function __getstr(wnd,id){var s=wnd.document.getElementById(id);return s?s.value:"";};function __int(num){var s=num.toString();s=__strim(s);if(!s.length)return Number.NaN;var n=parseInt(s);if(n.toString().length!=s.length)return Number.NaN;return n;};var __is_windows_int;function __is_windows(){if(typeof(__is_windows_int)=="undefined"){try{var os=Components.classes["@mozilla.org/xre/app-info;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIXULRuntime);__is_windows_int=os.OS.search(/winnt/i)!= -1;}catch(e){Components.utils.reportError(e);__is_windows_int=window.navigator.platform.search(/win/i)!= -1;}}return __is_windows_int;};function __psep(){return __is_windows()?'\\':'/';};function __strim(s){return s.replace(/^\s+/,"").replace(/\s+$/,"");};function __loginf(text){imns.consvc.logStringMessage(text);};function __dump_object(prefix,obj_name,obj){if(!obj){__loginf(prefix+" "+obj_name+" is null");}for(var i in obj){__loginf(prefix+" "+obj_name+"."+i+"="+obj[i]);}}
xjr00t

Post by xjr00t » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 am

All my old scripts work. But the new scripts are not written.

I will add here a few tags to find people with the same problem.

imacros don't work imacros don't recording scripts imacros не записывает макросы imacros не пишет скрипты
stergema

Post by stergema » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Same issue, what can be done?
Thanks.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 am

stergema wrote:Same issue, what can be done?
Thanks.
Won't be the same Problem, the Thread is from 2010, 4 years ago...

Provide Info about your Configuration with all Versions (iMacros + Browser + OS), Error Msg and your Script...
And I think you should have opened a new Thread (with a Link to this one...)...

Provide all necessary Info in ONE Post, I don't want to have to read the whole Thread before having an idea about what your Problem is...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...