Page load much faster in Tab 2, 3, .... WHY?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lewisfar

Page load much faster in Tab 2, 3, .... WHY?

Post by lewisfar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi,

I have a site where I put in a zip code and click the submit button and extract the data and then loop around.

I have found that if I open the page in the first tab, then create a new tab and open the same page it loads much faster in the 2nd tab (0.5 secs vs. 5 - 20 secs for Tab 1) and the submit button also works much faster.

This has lead me to create a macro that now opens up to 10 tabs with the web page and thus processing the zip codes much faster.

I have found (I think) that you have to open the site in TAB 1 first before the subsequent tabs will open with the much faster load/submit

Q1) Has anyone else noticed this?

Q2) Has anyone found a way to avoid the first (relatively slow) load of the page in tab 1?

Thanks
super_hiro

Re: Page load much faster in Tab 2, 3, .... WHY?

Post by super_hiro » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Maybe it's just a simple matter of the page being cached on your PC?

At least that makes sense to me. 1st load will take long because it's actually downloading the webpage, but there after the same page will be used from cache.
lewisfar

Post by lewisfar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Maybe so ... but I close all the tabs, go back to the first tab and go to the same URL - if it was in cache as you said would it then load as quickly as the 2nd, 3rd, etc. tabs?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello,

We didn't plan it :) and I couldn't reproduce it on my computer, but if anyone else notices this, please post here and I will try to investigate further.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support