Download stops after 60 seconds

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jbrown

Download stops after 60 seconds

Post by jbrown » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 pm

I updated from 6.1.2.5 to 6.6.0.1.

My macros which do automatic downloads worked fine in 6.1.2.5. With 6.6.0.1 download stops (and macro ends) after 60 seconds. Why is that?

EDIT: 6.3.1.1 is the last version which works and pays attention to ONDOWNLOADs WAIT=YES.
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Download stops after 60 seconds

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello,

ONDOWNLOADs WAIT=YES is still supported :)
Could you please post here the macro that stopped working after upgrade?

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

The macro is quite simple:

Code: Select all

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=<my download folder> FILE=* WAIT=YES
URL GOTO=<url for download (starts automatically)>

SET !EXTRACT rdy
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=download.rdy
<my download folder> and <url for download (starts automatically)> are actually filled with real data and download.rdy is a semaphore file for a shell script to recognize the end of the download.

This macro works fine (and waits until download is ready) up to V6.3.1.1. With V6.5.0.0 and V6.6.0.1 macro and download end (without any message) 60 sec after the download started.

Firefox is V3.0.18.
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Hello,

I am sorry for coming back to you so late. I checked that and it does look like a bug in the new versions. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 pm

P.S. If this issue is something that is very important, you could downgrade back to one of the earlier versions here, until this issue is fixed.
Daniel, iOpus Support
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:41 pm

It's unbelievable, but the bug is still present in new V6.6.5.0. :?
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Could you please tell when it will be fixed?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Its seems you refer to the regular iMacros timeout. Every activity stops after a certain timeout! The default value for this is 60s.

Adding SET !TIMEOUT 300 to your macro increases this to 5 min and should solve your issue.

Should that not solve your issue, please post a complete test macro (including the actual website URL) here and we will test it ASAP.
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Its seems you refer to the regular iMacros timeout.
No. I refer to "ONDOWNLOAD ... WAIT=YES".
Adding SET !TIMEOUT 300 to your macro increases this to 5 min and should solve your issue.
No, because I don't know how long the download will last. As far as I understood, the "WAIT=YES" is the parameter to handle this, i.e. waiting with macro until download is finished.

(And just in case you're going suggest to set !TIMEOUT to something like 99999 - no, I don't want to increase a macro's timeout and wait forever, I just want to wait until the download is done.)

Until 6.3.1.1 it worked exactly this way. The macro paused while the download is running and continued after download had ended.

You can check with the code I posted on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 am with every file that is large enough to take more that 60 seconds to download.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 pm

We have an open internal ticket (fx446) about this issue and plan to fix it with the next bigger iMacros for Firefox update in July.

Our latest iMacros V7 Beta now observes this parameter correctly: http://wiki.imacros.net/Upgrading_to_Version_7
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu May 20, 2010 11:41 am

Sorry, it turns out that my last reply was a false alarm and iMacros for Firefox V6.7.0 does behave ok:
(And just in case you're going suggest to set !TIMEOUT to something like 99999 - no, I don't want to increase a macro's timeout and wait forever, I just want to wait until the download is done.)
Timeout just specifies the maximum wait time (not to be confused with WAIT SECONDS=...). So with !TIMEOUT 300s it will allow a max. download time of 5 min. If the downloads completes after e. g. 2 min already, the macro continues immediately.

I also clarified this on the wiki page: http://wiki.imacros.net/ONDOWNLOAD
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Thu May 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Do you realize that ONDOWNLOAD WAIT=YES behaves differently until version 6.3.1.1? Was it a bug then that the macro waited until download was finished (no matter what !TIMEOUT was set to?)

So if I want to have a normal 60 sec timeout on page loading (before and after download) but want the macro to wait until the download (which I don't know how long it may last) actually ends, until version 6.3.1.1 I simply could say

ONDOWNLOAD ... WAIT=YES
To achieve the same now I must say something like:

SET !TIMEOUT 99999
ONDOWNLOAD ... WAIT=YES
SET !TIMEOUT 60
which is kinda long-winded, isn't it? (EDIT: Actually, it is much more complicated if you have to find a TAG for download. If you do the long !TIMEOUT before the TAG command, you'll maybe wait forever for the download to start, if the TAG doesn't load. If you do the long !TIMEOUT right after the TAG command, will it then still affect the started ONDOWNLOAD?)

So if ONDOWNLOAD's WAIT=YES parameter never was intended to overrule the !TIMEOUT (as it does until version 6.3.1.1), what about a new WAIT=DONE or similiar then to achieve exactly this?
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Any chance for such a parameter?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi,

I am sorry for not replying earlier. This feature request was submitted to our developers, however if you provide me with a least one reproducible use case for this, this will raise the priority of this feature request significantly. For now I would simply increase the !TIMEOUT to a large values before ONDOWNLOAD.

Or even set it and then reset back to original value:

SET !VAR1 {{!TIMEOUT}}
SET !TIMEOUT a_large_value
ONDOWNLOAD...
SET !TIMEOUT {{!VAR1}}
Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
jbrown

Post by jbrown » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 am

Daniel, iOpus wrote:however if you provide me with a least one reproducible use case for this, this will raise the priority of this feature request significantly
Please see post #3 in this thread.

You can test this with any download (provided that your line is slow enough that the download will last at least one minute). Try:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=/tmp FILE=* WAIT=YES
URL GOTO=http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.ubuntu.com/10.04/ubuntu-10.04.1-desktop-i386.iso

WAIT SECONDS=5

SET !EXTRACT rdy
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=download.rdy
Works fine until v6.3.1.1, but stops downloading with any post-v6.3.1.1 after 60 seconds.

I'd appreciate ONDOWNLOAD's WAIT parameter to wait for the download being completed.