Extract complete tables

Information related to the use of iMacros for Web Scraping, Data Mining and creating Mashups.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
Tech Support

Extract complete tables

Post by Tech Support » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Q: How can I extract a complete table? When I mark all table entries iMacros Extraction Wizard only creates a EXTRACT command that extracts the first table element I marked.

A: Tables start with a TABLE tag in standard HTML. The trick is to manually enter an extraction tag in the orange field of the extraction wizard (ATTR: Suggested Anchor). Enter <TABLE* and press Test EXTRACT Tag. Most of the time the extraction result (shown in the bottom text area on the right side of the extraction wizard) will not be what you wanted. If is not the table you want to extract then increase the POS parameter by 1 and hit Test EXTRACT Tag again. Repeat increasing the POS parameter and hitting the Test button until the correct table is extracted, then hit Add this EXTRACT Tag.

iOpus Support
ghoward

Re: Extract complete tables

Post by ghoward » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:18 pm

HI I am trying to extract all the elements from the following dynamic table

<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2"
summary="This table is for layout purposes only">

<tr>
<td class="firstCol"><label class="entry">Pack Type:</label></td>
<td colspan="3"><select name="packType.templateUniqueID" size="10">
<option value="">-- Pack Type --</option>
<optgroup label="General Label Pack">
<option value="3691">Some THing</option>
<option value="3689">SOme_Fixed_Price</option>

</optgroup>

</select>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

I have tried your suggestion but it fails when I hit the Test EXTRACT button in the extract wizard

I get the following errors
Error in Line 0:

TYPE=SELECT ATTR=<table*

I have tried various options around this issue but I am getting no joy any ideas?
ghoward

Re: Extract complete tables

Post by ghoward » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:31 pm

By the way I am using the following version of Imacros

VERSION BUILD=6120228