How to use a proxy server?

Information related to the use of iMacros for uptime monitoring, performance and regression testing of websites.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
Tech Support

How to use a proxy server?

Post by Tech Support » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Q: I am behind a proxy server at my office. I can add the proxy command to the example scripts to get them to work. But how do I set the proxy in advance so I can record a macro?

A: The proxy server settings of the PROXY command ( http://www.iopus.com/imacros/help/proxy.htm ) are only active when the PROXY command in the macro was executed. Before this time (and during recording or when the iMacros Player is idle) the default settings of Internet Explorer are used, ie the PROXY command is not neccessary if you have configured your proxy server already in the Internet Explorer settings.

Here is how to configure Internet Explorer to use a proxy server:

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
2. Under Proxy server, click to select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
3. In the Address box, type the IP address of the proxy server.
4. In the Port box, type the port number that is used by the proxy server for client connections (by default, 8080).
5. You can click to select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box if you do not want the proxy server computer to be used when you connect to a computer on the local network (this may speed up performance).
6. Click OK to close the LAN Settings dialog box.
7. Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box.

iOpus Support