Refreshing pages that then require resubmission of data

Information related to the use of iMacros for form filling and data upload.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
Tech Support

Refreshing pages that then require resubmission of data

Post by Tech Support » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Problem:

I am trying to automate some web site entries. At one point I have to refresh the page and I get the IE dialogue telling me it has to resubmit the info. I cant seem to get the dialogue manager to press the retry button for me.

Solution:

This dialog is not supported by iMacros. However, an alternative is instead of clicking REFRESH, click BACK and the resubmit the data. This is the equivalent of REFRESH on such pages.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
ryanmalham

Re: Refreshing pages that then require resubmission of data

Post by ryanmalham » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Has there been any change on the status of this limitation? I have a complex process that sometimes runs into errors occasionally. When these errors occur, I have to refresh. if I go back, I am not sure how that will affect my normal logic. Is there some reason why this can't be supported?
Tech Support

Re: Refreshing pages that then require resubmission of data

Post by Tech Support » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Well, still do not support this dialog, simply because the BACK and RESUBMIT method works in all cases that we have encountered so far. If you have a website where you think this does not work, please let us know.