IMacro Browser is not IE Browser, please help..

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
cheppynov

IMacro Browser is not IE Browser, please help..

Post by cheppynov » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am

Hello,

I'm having an error since 7 days ago, i found that iMacro browser seems use a different browser object that was used on the IE.
Please find my attachments below.

using pure IE

using iMacro

http://www.mypicx.com/12102010/issue001/

the site is on my local intranet, it uses Java Applets.
The 1st picture shows that the loading success when i'm using IE browser, while the 2nd failed while i'm using iMacro browser.
I already setup the Java Applet to enable with IE on the control panel and on the IE advanced settings, and its works with IE. Somehow its not work as expected on iMacro browser. Need advise.

(* Sorry my english bad

Thanks.

Regards,
ch
Tom, Tech Support

Re: IMacro Browser is not IE Browser, please help..

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello ch,

If you click 'Yes' in the Script Error dialog, are you still able to interact with the Java applet?

We are currently aware of an issue with the iMacros Browser where certain scripting errors are not automatically suppressed like they are in IE, but during macro playback iMacros should still be able to automatically handle the error dialog.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
cheppynov

Post by cheppynov » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:42 am

Hello,

I couldn't continue to login into the system.
The systems handles when the Java applet wasn't loaded properly then the system would ends there.

http://www.mypicx.com/12132010/issue002/

I have an issue where the system popup a new window. I've try to cheats the popup to be a new Tab in the IE8 settings, but the script couldn't switch to the Tab (2) in the IE8 browser.
Now i'm trying to use iMacro browser to processing between tab, as previously in IE i couldn't switch between the Tab. I assume it will have a different results when i'm emulating in iMacro browser. I hope so. Kindly need your advise.

Thanks.
cheppynov

Post by cheppynov » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 am

Sorry, seems the IE8 web-browser control loads the Java Applet properly (with no error message and they don't suppressed any error messages) after i tick the Java Applet option to be enable with the IE on the control panel area. Unlike the iMacro web-browser control that is not affected by the Java Applet configuration in the control panel. Is it so?

Thanks.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm sorry cheppynov, without some way for me to test this directly or reproduce the same issue using a publicly accessible Java applet, I am not going to be able to offer any troubleshooting suggestions.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Does the following solve your problem (this info is from another user with similar symptoms):

I found what was interfering with it on all three machines where I was having trouble. It's msjava.dll (which was part of the Microsoft Java VM) and resides in Windows\System32 (or Windows\SysWow64 for Windows 7). Even though the MS Java VM is no longer installed, it looks like that dll will routinely be found on most machines (my machine is a very new Windows 7 - it was there). Just by renaming it, it fixed the problem on all my machines.