Copy and speak text in google translate

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
ziggy.v2

Copy and speak text in google translate

Post by ziggy.v2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Ok I don't know if this is the right place to put this but for anyone who wants a massive challenge this is a good one and you'd be doing me a huge favour.

I am competent with computers but I have no interest in learning new languages and will just do this manually otherwise.

I have an application that records the output of my internet browser. And I have long lists of german words that I need to memorise the english for.

So my plan is to take my list of german words.

For example

"
der Hund.
die Katze.
der Elefant.
die Frau.
der Mann.
"
from a text file or something.

put each line into google translate
eg: http://translate.google.com/#de|en|der%20Hund.

Play the text in German (left listen button) then pause for say 2 seconds before playing the translation in English (right listen button)

Posible compromises

- Instead of the pause starting when the german finishes have a set time period (say 4 seconds) between the german button being pressed and the english translation being pressed.

- Manually copying each line and then the macro simply pasting from clipboard instead

- Only pasting the text from clipboard (or another input) and then playing in German (copying, pausing and playing english translation done manually)

If you think this post would be better suited in another forum please tell me.
I was also thinking that a solution could involve shell script which will run on my mac (I also have windows too)

Thanks

Ziggy
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Copy and speak text in google translate

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 am

Update: I moved this topic to the iMacros Consultants forum.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ziggy.v2

Post by ziggy.v2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm

OK how can i now see if someone replies?

Thanks
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Ziggy,

You should automatically receive an email notification when someone replies, as long as you are subscribed to the topic. You know you are subscribed if the link in the page footer reads "UNSUBSCRIBE TOPIC". You should have been automatically subscribed when you created and/or replied to the topic yourself.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support