Need Developer for Company URL Finder

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
rvfisher

Need Developer for Company URL Finder

Post by rvfisher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to pay for the development of an automated query/results tool with the following specifications.

Goal
To automate the process of searching and returning the URL's of company websites.

Input List
Three fields: Company Name (in quotes), City, and State.

Google Results List (extracted from search results page)
Six fields: SearchResult1_Label, SearchResult1_URL, SearchResult1_Snippet, SearchResult2_Label, SearchResult2_URL, SearchResult2_Snippet.

Results list fields should be appended to input list records, or sequence numbers should be used so that the Input List and Results List can be matched.

Preferred, Not Mandatory
Excel rather than CSV.
Firefox or Chrome rather than IE.

Blocking
My current understanding is that Google does not allow large-scale automated queries. I'm willing to pay Google for this service, but have been unable to find any relevant information as to the availability or price of this service. Please enlighten me on this if you can.

I'm also given to understand that Google does not block automated searches that are "within reason". Therefore, as an alternative, I would like random delays inserted between searches that last from 20 seconds to a minute and limit the number of searches per day to whatever you believe would be reasonable.

Please let me know any other suggestions you may have for preventing blocks from the search provider.

Please email me if you can help.

Thanks!
rvfisher

Re: Need Developer for Company URL Finder

Post by rvfisher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:15 pm

I see now that even though I had "Users can contact me by email" selected in my profile, my email is not actually displayed. So, please contact me at nvgardner at yahoo.com.