Javascript page and automating caching variable number of pg

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
eddiew21

Javascript page and automating caching variable number of pg

Post by eddiew21 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:22 am

I am a trial subscriber.

I have a site with JAVASCRIPT that I have used iMacros' trial version to scrape. Depending on the number of results, determines the Number of "Next Pages" to grab.

I am able to tag two lines and extract them:

985 Records Found
Page 1 of 5

If I then Text to column in the extraction, I can then have a column with the number of records and the number of pages, which, should theoretically, let me know how many times to have the iMacro select Next.

I have built the extraction.

I have built the code for "Hitting Next 5 times" and caching each page.

How would you suggest I automate the "whole thing."

I am willing to pay $100 for a packaged solution - I give it a date range, it hands me the right number of pages cached for each date!!! Help!!!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi,

With the scripting edition you can have a macro that clicks on the Next and if it is not there (or greyed out, or not a link) then it will return a message to say it was not able to click it. This will tell you that there a no more pages.

It seems you have all the macros you need for this solution, you just need to have a script to control how they are called, incorporating the above checking of the return code from the Next macro.

If you really want a solution that calculates how many times it needs to click next and only clicks it that many times, then you are looking at a more complicated script to parse the initial extracted values.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Hello,

now that you have everything in place, you should probably have a look at the example scripts that come with iMacros.
Using VBS it should not be a big deal, to call your macros in the right way (with conditionals, etc.).

If you want us to write the script, please open a support ticket (http://www.iopus.com/service/support/). We will then send you a custom quote (which will come to less than $100, I suppose).

Best,

Hannes
eddiew21

sent in a ticket

Post by eddiew21 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:48 pm

hannes,

I have sent in a ticket and referenced this board.

Please let me know what else I can send - take a look at ticket - it is pretty extensive.

Eddie