Extracting Yardi Voyager® tenant information into Excel

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
JRParkerConsulting

Extracting Yardi Voyager® tenant information into Excel

Post by JRParkerConsulting » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm looking to engage a consultant to assist me.

A client needs to extract hundreds of tenant ledgers from Yardi Voyager®, a web-based property management application serving the real estate industry, to individual Excel files, AND subsequently manipulate each file.

A tenant code would be entered to select the tenant information, and then report the ledger, selecting/entering Excel as the report output option. Presumably, an input file of all the tenant codes would be used as a variable input to the process.

Given each tenant Excel file requires manipulation, perhaps the Enterprise edition with the web browser API feature is appropriate to handle import and manipulation in one fell swoop. Specifically, using an Excel VBA macro, the tenant ledger would be imported into Excel via the API, and then the macro would proceed with the appropriate manipulation code. (This approach isn't necessary as the Excel files could be created in one step, and then an Excel VBA macro could be written to import each Excel file created from iMacros. In fact, it may be best to first automate the file creation to expedite the process, and then work on a VBA macro to manipulate afterwards.)

Yardi is installed within the company intranet and uses the IE browser. (Although the .NET framework is likely installed in this environment, suggesting the iMacros WebBrowser component be appropriate, this is a one-time ad hoc request for a client.)

I'm looking to purchase the appropriate iMacros version, temporarily install it on the clients laptop that I am using, and perform this one-time requirement. (While I could install and use my own laptop, for security reasons, it would seemingly be easier/safer to temporarily install my license on the client's computer.) (My intent is to use iMacros in subsequent engagements, seeking assistance as needed.)

If I understand the different features of iMacros, this particular functional requirement would not be scraping or data extraction (i.e., obtaining data from a web page), but simply browser automation (which happens to export data to an Excel file).

Thanks in advance... Jim
iimfun

Re: Extracting Yardi Voyager® tenant information into Excel

Post by iimfun » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:30 am

Hey Jim,

Sounds reasonable. But how can the advanced users contact you?
JRParkerConsulting

Re: Extracting Yardi Voyager® tenant information into Excel

Post by JRParkerConsulting » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 am

consulting efforts no longer required.. thanks