Fixing existing script

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mepooooo

Fixing existing script

Post by mepooooo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 am

Hello,
I am using macro script and simple html program, that pinning images on pinterest, but seems pinterest made changes (interface or something else) and my script need to be fixed.
Here is the script:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8300326 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
 TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:next_board
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:number_name EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:next_url
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:surrent_url EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=c:\VFM FILE={{!URLCURRENT}}.txt
SET !EXTRACT NULL
tab open
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:pin-button
TAB T=3
FRAME F=0
WAIT SECONDS= 11
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}
WAIT SECONDS= 12
WAIT SECONDS= 6
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 2
WAIT SECONDS= 15
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET rndSecWait EVAL("2 + Math.floor(Math.random()*50)")
WAIT SECONDS={{rndSecWait}}

It can be done by Teamviewer or i can create a short demonstration video.

Thank you
chivracq

Re: Fixing existing script

Post by chivracq » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:00 pm

mepooooo wrote:Hello,
I am using macro script and simple html program, that pinning images on pinterest, but seems pinterest made changes (interface or something else) and my script need to be fixed.
Here is the script:

VERSION BUILD=8300326 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
 TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:next_board
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:number_name EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:next_url
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:surrent_url EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=c:\VFM FILE={{!URLCURRENT}}.txt
SET !EXTRACT NULL
tab open
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:pin-button
TAB T=3
FRAME F=0
WAIT SECONDS= 11
WAIT SECONDS= 12
WAIT SECONDS= 6
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 2
WAIT SECONDS= 15
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
SET rndSecWait EVAL("2 + Math.floor(Math.random()*50)")
WAIT SECONDS={{rndSecWait}}
It can be done by Teamviewer or i can create a short demonstration video.

Thank you
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
I would indeed be a little bit surprised if you really still use v8.30 for FF, must be about 4 years old, you should be able to answer most Threads on the Forum like me by now, ah-ah..., I started using iMacros for FF not a very long time before v8.30..., hum maybe I did, but I indeed joined the Forum in 2013 when v8.30 got released, ah-ah...!
=> iMacros for v8.30...!!?? / v8.9.7...? / v9.0.3...?, FF v...?, OS...?

Hum..., and you realize you opened your Thread in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum, meaning you are looking for an iMacros Programmer for Payment...? :?
You don't mention anything about that, nor any way to contact you, PM is disabled on the Forum... Sorry to "insist" on that part but you had already opened your previous Thread 2 years ago in some "wrong" Sub-Forum, ah-ah...!, and you obviously never had a "chance" to read the Forum Rules for what (Tech) Info to include in your Post when you open a Thread... :?

The "short demonstration video" is always a good Idea I would think, I know for myself I usually prefer to have some time to understand the "Pb" and do some Testing by myself and not have to "perform like a Guru" in real time... It's nearly impossible to follow a Script running on some other Computer via TV (TeamViewer) unless the Script is in '!SINGLESTEP' Mode, or we only see one "random" Line of Code being executed about every 20 Lines or so, depending a bit on the Connection Speed on both Sides, ah-ah...!

Hum, and I don't help for Social Media, to "manage your Expectations", ah-ah...! (And I don't even have a 'Pinterest' Account, I think..., not oops...!) But other Advanced User @iimfun, might be willing to help you if you leave some Contact Info... :idea:

But hum, if the HTML Structure of your 'Pinterest' Site has recently changed, I guess you are probably not the only User using iMacros on that Site, you might get your Answer/Solution for Free if you (can) wait a bit, some other Users will probably start to try fixing their Scripts and a few related/similar Threads might get opened in the coming days..., even if I probably won't (try to) help, ah-ah...!, but some User might finally post their working Script... :idea:
=> Your "Fixing existing script" Thread Title is a bit "useless" for that part btw, just saying...!, because way too vague and not Descriptive about its real Content, if you had not posted in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum, I probably wouldn't have checked it at all..., or only for a quick Check that your Post didn't contain any Spam as you are not a regularly User on the Forum... But other Users with a similar Pb/Qt like yours will never find it, I'm afraid... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
mepooooo

Re: Fixing existing script

Post by mepooooo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 am

Thank for the reply, didn't notice, that PM are disabled. Anyway, i fixed myself the code.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}

, just replaced P with DIV and Woalaa - it works.

Chivracq, thanks for advice, will be more informative next time, bye.
chivracq

Re: [Solved] Fixing existing Pinterest script

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:23 pm

mepooooo wrote:Thank for the reply, didn't notice, that PM are disabled. Anyway, i fixed myself the code.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}

, just replaced P with DIV and Woalaa - it works.

Chivracq, thanks for advice, will be more informative next time, bye.
Ah OK, good-good...!, didn't sound very "complicated" indeed, ah-ah...!, but Thanks for sharing of course... :D

Hum, you didn't mention your FCI like I asked you, fair enough..., but I probably won't react next time you open a Thread... :idea:

And you should still edit a bit your Thread Title to make it a bit more Descriptive about its Content, by including at least the Word "Pinterest" in it, (like I did in the Title for this current Post...), to make this Thread a bit useful for other Users with a similar Qt/Pb as well, who will otherwise probably never find it... :idea:
And some "[Solved]" Meta-Tag in the Thread Title helps as well for the Thread to be found..., especially as it is not located in the "correct" Sub-Forum... :idea:

(I'll try btw to get the Thread moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum where it belongs..., I cannot do it myself...)
(Hum..., and try to select the "correct" Sub-Forum next time you open a Thread, you've not been very "successful" on that part until now, ah-ah...!, and it's always a bit of a hassle to move a Thread afterwards... (And when "in doubt", you can always select the 'General' Sub-Forum...))
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...