Looking for help on a project - Paid opportunity

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
millenialme

Looking for help on a project - Paid opportunity

Post by millenialme » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 am

I am looking to develop a script for extracting price data from flight comparison sites such as Google flights.

I love to travel and have spent hours in the past trying to find good deals for flights to various countries. Like a lot of people I have signed up to Jack's flight club Scotts cheap flight etc but I'd like to be able to target the places I actually want to travel to.

After working a job recently I was introduced to iMacros and saw the potential for this application. However, my very limited knowledge of writing scripts has made it very difficult to get this to work. That's why I'm looking for some help!

The intension is to run the script a few times each week to try and find the best deals for flights from UK airports to various countries around the world.
An example would involve running a search for:

Flights from LHR to LAX
Date 07/06/18 - 21/07/18
The prices for these flights would then be extracted into excel to be processed to find the cheapest deals

I have spent time collating information for every 3 letter airport code on the planet ready for use as well as dates to be input.

Any help or ideas about how to approach this would be appreciated!

Please reply if interested
Last edited by millenialme on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Looking for help on a project - Paid opportunity

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:11 am

millenialme wrote:I am looking to develop a script for extracting price data from flight comparison sites such as Google flights.

I love to travel and have spent hours in the past trying to find good deals for flights to various countries. Like a lot of people I have signed up to Jack's flight club Scotts cheap flight etc but I'd like to be able to target the places I actually want to travel to.

After working a job recently I was introduced to iMacros and saw the potential for this application. However, my very limited knowledge of writing scripts has made it very difficult to get this to work. That's why I'm looking for some help!

The intension is to run the script a few times each week to try and find the best deals for flights from UK airports to various countries around the world.
An example would involve running a search for:

Code: Select all

Flights from LHR to LAX 
Date 07/06/18 - 21/07/18
The prices for these flights would then be extracted into excel to be processed to find the cheapest deals

I have spent time collating information for every 3 letter airport code on the planet ready for use as well as dates to be input.

Any help or ideas about how to approach this would be appreciated!

Please contact me if you're interested, want more details or would like to talk numbers - josshillary94@gmail.com
For those interested, more Info about the Req's in the following "originative" Thread:
- Re: Extracting prices from flight comparison sites - Possibl 8)

@OP, post again in the Thread once you've found some Developer (you are happy with) to take your Project if you want to remove your Email Address, and I'll remove it as well from my Quote... (You'll get some Spam-mail otherwise after some time I'm afraid...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
access2vivek

Re: Looking for help on a project - Paid opportunity

Post by access2vivek » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 am

This seems like something that I am interested in. I have created scripts that extract data from professional websites one of which was GoIbibo.

Since each website requires a different coding, you will need to specify the websites from which you want the data to be extracted.

Here is what a sample database would look like: -

Code: Select all

Source, Destination, Start Date, End Date
LHR, LAX, 07/06/18, 21/07/18
You can just populate this list for all the source, destination and times for which you want the data to be extracted. Next, I can create a script that will get data from different websites and create a new CSV file that will list whatever parameters can be found on the website.

You can then compare the prices that have been extracted in your own time. The CSV file will be prefaced with the data so that it is easy for you to compare prices based on dates as well. You can run the script any time that you want the data.

Hit me up so that we can discuss this project and take it further :)
Robust iMacros development with quick turnaround time. Drop an email at "access2content@gmail.com" with your project details.