Need an iMacros expert to create a macro. Will pay

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
mthorn

Need an iMacros expert to create a macro. Will pay

Post by mthorn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 am

Is there an iMacros expert who would be available to write a macro for me? I will pay for this. The macro consists of around 100 actions and involves scraping a website for data and images and putting this scraped data in a spreadsheet. Please contact me if you are interested and I can send you the full job specification. Many thanks
chivracq

Re: Need an iMacros expert to create a macro. Will pay

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:28 pm

mthorn wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 am
Is there an iMacros expert who would be available to write a macro for me? I will pay for this. The macro consists of around 100 actions and involves scraping a website for data and images and putting this scraped data in a spreadsheet. Please contact me if you are interested and I can send you the full job specification. Many thanks
Like I had mentioned in your "original" Thread (which contains already a bit more Info, for People interested)...:
chivracq wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm
Looking for sbd to write a Script for you, well, you have an 'iMacros Consultants' Sub-Forum on our Forum where a few Developers have posted in it and left a way to contact them (PM is disabled on the Forum), or you can post yourself in that Sub-Forum... :idea:
=> You need to leave a way to contact you... (in the Thread, and/or in your Sig/Profile...) :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ysmacro

Post by ysmacro » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello,

I may be able to assist. Can you provide some contact details and I can drop you an email to setup a call?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:56 pm

ysmacro wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:03 pm
Hello,

I may be able to assist. Can you provide some contact details and I can drop you an email to setup a call?
@OP, be a little bit "cautious" about this User who just registered to the Forum to be able to reply to your Thread, this is very "unusual" for iMacros "Experts"... :?

Analysis I made about this User before approving their Post...:
User posing directly as an iMacros Expert in their 1st Post as a Reply to a Thread in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum, which looks a bit "suspicious", or at least very unusual...
+ "Dirty" IP from behind a Proxy/VPN (UK IP-Address).

Not "real" Hits/Info on @ysmacro on Tech Forums, but User is possibly the following (legit) User(s) on 'SOF' + 'Reddit' (from following their IP):
[EDIT: Links removed...]
=> Nothing related to 'iMacros' at all, only 'Bitcoin'...
(=> "possibly" as the same IP might have been in use by different People, as it is from a Proxy/VPN...)
=> @ysmacro, you may want to confirm if the Links to the 2 Profiles on 'SOF' + 'Reddit' indeed "belong" to you...?, and/or post some correct/further Reference (maybe related to iMacros)...?, and maybe also answer a few Threads on the Forum...? :idea:

(If you only registered to the Forum to later be able to edit your Sig/Profile to add some Link to your Site, Sigs and Profile Pages do not get indexed (deliberately) by Search Engines... :wink: (But you can also post yourself a way to contact you there...))

EDIT: Links to both Profiles removed, not the "right" User... :oops:
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
ysmacro

Post by ysmacro » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Those profiles aren't mine.

I posted on the forum as a browser automation expert, not an imacros expert per se. If OP wishes to use iMacros in particular, that's fine with me. I am happy to make clear my level of expertise with prior examples, and not over-represent it.

The firewall may have just been just the wework I'm in.

I guess it would be up for OP to decide if I'd be suitable for his job.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:30 pm

ysmacro wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:31 pm
Those profiles aren't mine.

I posted on the forum as a browser automation expert, not an imacros expert per se. If OP wishes to use iMacros in particular, that's fine with me. I am happy to make clear my level of expertise with prior examples, and not over-represent it.

The firewall may have just been just the wework I'm in.

I guess it would be up for OP to decide if I'd be suitable for his job.
Alright, and perfect that you quickly reacted... :D

1- Both Links to those 2 Profiles on 'SOF' + 'Reddit' removed as they are not relevant anymore...

2- "as a browser automation expert, not an imacros expert per se."
=> Yeah well, @OP is looking for "an iMacros expert", from posting on "our" Forum and from their Thread Title..., even if hum..., from their original Thread, I guess they are probably Open to "other" Solutions...
It's OK to mention on our Forum what other Tool(s)/Solution(s) you would have in mind, like I posted in their original Thread what can be done and what they can expect from iMacros...

3- Dirty IP and 'WeWork' Firewall:
Yeah well, fair enough, but then, be aware that registering to some Tech Forum from a "Shared IP" is never a good "Idea"... :shock:
You are "nearly" lucky I still assess all First Time Post(er)s more or less "manually", or at least review the Results manually before approving/disapproving a Post, most Forums/Sites with that Process fully automated would have disapproved your Post automatically and directly banned your Account (or even prevented you from registering), and that only based on the IP you used to register... (Spammers and Fraudsters deliberately used those same Shared IP's and "burn" them very quickly for "Legit" Users... Same with 'Cloud' IP's...) :idea:
And I guess you should understand as a "Browser Automation Expert"... :wink:

4- "I guess it would be up for OP to decide if I'd be suitable for his job."
=> Yep sure, but it's my "Task" also to warn them for the Reasons I've already mentioned as your Post on our Forum was "very unusual"... And I decided to do it "openly" for you to be able to "know about it", and to react eventually like you (nearly) perfectly did... :D

"nearly" => Then yep, post some Info about what Tool(s) you use for Web-Automation, and what Solution(s) you have in mind for @OP after reading their "original Thread" and how they came to our Forum, and some Link(s) to some Profile(s) you must probably have on some Tech Forum(s)... :idea:
+ Maybe a way to contact you in your Sig/Profile...
(Those 3 "things" I've already mentioned but you didn't react...)
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:58 am

mthorn wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 am
You have my offer in your emailbox. :)
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea: