Need macros for add to cart and complete order

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
Travelpro85

Need macros for add to cart and complete order

Post by Travelpro85 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 am

Hello all,

I am desperately trying to purchase an item which is usually only in stock for less than 5 minutes at the time when item "Drops"
I am somewhat familiar constructing a basic script (which may work, but probably not) but If i run it, I can see it adding to cart and executing an order multiple times OR (the likely scenario) I am at the cart page, waiting to check out, and page either reloads and i lose out on item or times out.

My strategy is to run IF and ELSE statements but am HORRIBLE at understanding these statements, let alone writing them.

Procedure should look like this...

Load page.
IF Add to Cart (or Checkout) exists, proceed to press Checkout button to continue to the order page
IF Checkout button successful to order page... Confirm quantity 1 and proceed to press process button
once process button complete, screenshot receipt and end process

ELSE... if Add to Cart button does not exists. reload page at intervals of as fast as possible (I have gig internet)

Checkout page has all info pre-filled
No captchas on checkout page

Biggest concerns are fast page reload times if button does not exist, to not repeat the process where i end up purchasing the item 7 or 8 times, and not not get "banned" from page as a potential DDoS attack or something

System Information
Windows 7
Macro, paid version, Chrome Extension (in incognito mode)
Atom to quickly edit multiple duplicate items on script (ie. date, item name, etc)
Last edited by Travelpro85 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecoder2012

Re: Need macros for add to cart and complete order

Post by thecoder2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 am

Contact data?
Travelpro85 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 am
iMarcos, paid version, Chrome Extension (in incognito mode)
Which versions?
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
Travelpro85

Post by Travelpro85 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

version 10.1.0
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:31 am

Travelpro85 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 am
Hello all,

I am desperately trying to purchase an item which is usually only in stock for less than 5 minutes at the time when item "Drops"
I am somewhat familiar constructing a basic script (which may work, but probably not) but If i run it, I can see it adding to cart and executing an order multiple times OR (the likely scenario) I am at the cart page, waiting to check out, and page either reloads and i lose out on item or times out.

My strategy is to run IF and ELSE statements but am HORRIBLE at understanding these statements, let alone writing them.

Procedure should look like this...

Load page.
IF Add to Cart (or Checkout) exists, proceed to press Checkout button to continue to the order page
IF Checkout button successful to order page... Confirm quantity 1 and proceed to press process button
once process button complete, screenshot receipt and end process

ELSE... if Add to Cart button does not exists. reload page at intervals of as fast as possible (I have gig internet)

Checkout page has all info pre-filled
No captchas on checkout page

Biggest concerns are fast page reload times if button does not exist, to not repeat the process where i end up purchasing the item 7 or 8 times, and not not get "banned" from page as a potential DDoS attack or something

System Information

Code: Select all

Windows 7 Server
iMarcos, paid version, Chrome Extension (in incognito mode)
Atom to quickly edit multiple duplicate items on script (ie. date, item name, etc)

@OP, I approved your Post because you posted in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum (where I apply the the Forum Rules "a bit more flexibly"...), I wouldn't have approve your Thread otherwise if you had tried to open in any other Forum...
:arrow: => Could you correct the ugly Typo in your Thread Title about "Marcos" => "Macro"...? :?: :!:
+ Also in your FCI..., correct Spelling for the Software is "iMacros"... :roll:

>>>

Probable FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.1.0, 'PE', CR87(...?), Win7_Server.
Hum, 'Win7_Server' doesn't exist, afaik...? :?

No PM Func on the Forum, @thecoder2012 asked you about a way to contact you...?
But he has Contact Info in his Sig + Profile...

>>>

And hum, not very complicated to implement the Func that you want, the Forum is "here" to help you (for Free...! - if you do your part of the job) and (really) get stuck... :idea:

And, yep-yep..., very good Thinking... (I'm "nearly impressed", ah-ah...!):
"Biggest concerns are fast page reload times if button does not exist, to not repeat the process where i end up purchasing the item 7 or 8 times, and not not get "banned" from page as a potential DDoS attack or something"

But @thecoder2012 is one of the "Best" Advanced Users on the Forum, so you'll be "in good hands" with him anyway, ah-ah...! :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Travelpro85

Post by Travelpro85 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:08 pm

@OP, I approved your Post because you posted in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum (where I apply the the Forum Rules "a bit more flexibly"...), I wouldn't have approve your Thread otherwise if you had tried to open in any other Forum...
Thank you kind sir!
:arrow: => Could you correct the ugly Typo in your Thread Title about "Marcos" => "Macro"...? :?: :!:
+ Also in your FCI..., correct Spelling for the Software is "iMacros"... :roll:
Trying to change the title but seems like i can only edit my post. As a mod, could you correct it for me please?

>>>
Probable FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.1.0, 'PE', CR87(...?), Win7_Server.
Hum, 'Win7_Server' doesn't exist, afaik...? :?

No PM Func on the Forum, @thecoder2012 asked you about a way to contact you...?
But he has Contact Info in his Sig + Profile...
I see you like order :) ... Done!

>>>
And hum, not very complicated to implement the Func that you want, the Forum is "here" to help you (for Free...! - if you do your part of the job) and (really) get stuck... :idea:
I have created a bot using iMacro, its clunky and repetitive, most items were coded via the record button, very minimal "custom code"... edited string if anything but it works

And, yep-yep..., very good Thinking... (I'm "nearly impressed", ah-ah...!):
"Biggest concerns are fast page reload times if button does not exist, to not repeat the process where i end up purchasing the item 7 or 8 times, and not not get "banned" from page as a potential DDoS attack or something"
But @thecoder2012 is one of the "Best" Advanced Users on the Forum, so you'll be "in good hands" with him anyway, ah-ah...! :|
Greatly appreciate the link!

I honestly would like to not only learn, but UNDERSTAND the code which I need written. The Else, If, Print, Extract statements just for some reason really confuse me. Something that you think would be so simple is just not. I've spent tens of hours trying to find a strategy to code this what i am requesting, but can only put together a marco which would complete the order as if it were always in stock. I'll ask around. My contact info is my username here at gmail dt c0m
techimac

Post by techimac » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 am

What paid version of iMacros?
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts