clearing a form field using EVENT

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
123pierre

clearing a form field using EVENT

Post by 123pierre » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:16 am

Hello,

I am using iMacros 2021.0 , windows 10. (Macros version 14.2.0.1)

In a complicated form made I believe in Ajax + Angular, I am trying to complete a form. None of the conventional tag method are working so I try to use the event command.
The problem is that entering a field using :

EVENT TYPE=click SELECTOR="#inputId_15" BUTTON=0 POINT=(675,219)
EVENTS TYPE=keypress SELECTOR="#inputId_15" CHARS=01/01/2070

the field is not cleared first and the "01/01/2070" is added to the current date which results something like "15/06/201001/01/2070".
Since I am on iMacros the commands KEY and MODIFIERS are not possible. ( Tried ctrl-a or key=8 in vain ) I try to select all by mousedown + mousemove + moveup but this is very unstable and doesn't work 100%.

Any solutions?

By the way, I am under a trial period of the licence iMacros Enterprise Evaluation.
I searched everywhere but didn't find the DirectScreen Technology editor. ( https://wiki.imacros.net/DirectScreen_Technology ) Is that normal ??

Thanks a lot.

Pierre.
Tom, Tech Support

Re: clearing a form field using EVENT

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi Pierre,

Sorry I am just seeing this here now. Did you manage to find a resolution for yourself or do you still require some assistance?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
techimac

Re: clearing a form field using EVENT

Post by techimac » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:17 am

try ctrl a, ctrl x
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts