Selecting Poll Options

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tamale

Selecting Poll Options

Post by tamale » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:50 pm

Hello,

A friend of mine has their restaurant in a local competition. The rules state that you can vote as many times as you'd like so I figured I'd try to automate the process. It has been years since I've messed with anything like this and can't figure out how to select the correct item in the poll. Is this something I can use iMacro for? The website for the poll is https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/bu ... 68552.html the resturant I am trying to vote for is "It's Tamale Time!". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Chris
chivracq

Re: Selecting Poll Options

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 pm

tamale wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:50 pm
Hello,

A friend of mine has their restaurant in a local competition. The rules state that you can vote as many times as you'd like so I figured I'd try to automate the process. It has been years since I've messed with anything like this and can't figure out how to select the correct item in the poll. Is this something I can use iMacro for? The website for the poll is https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/bu ... 68552.html the resturant I am trying to vote for is "It's Tamale Time!". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Chris

Thread moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum, nothing specific to the 'iMacros for FF' one, especially if you don't mention your FCI (explained in the Forum Rules, and my Sig)...

=> CIM...!? :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Hum, from the Site, => correct indeed that "This poll is not scientific, and you can vote as many times as you would like between now and when the poll closes Friday at noon.", but hum, I still don't help personally for the Functionality that you want, ... or you'll soon get only "Bots fighting and competing against Bots"...! :wink:
... But, yep-yep, your Scenario sounds like a typical Usecase for iMacros, ah-ah...! 8) :wink: :twisted:

I tried to have a look at the Site/Page anyway, but I don't see any Poll at all..., so I wouldn't be able to help anyway... :P
Cookies accepted, but I was not logged in, maybe the Poll "appears" only once you get logged in...(?) :o
I tested in 3 different Browsers: PM v26.3.3, FF v55.0.3, FF v109.0.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
tamale

Post by tamale » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:47 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 pm

Hum, from the Site, => correct indeed that "This poll is not scientific, and you can vote as many times as you would like between now and when the poll closes Friday at noon.", but hum, I still don't help personally for the Functionality that you want, ... or you'll soon get only "Bots fighting and competing against Bots"...! :wink:
... But, yep-yep, your Scenario sounds like a typical Usecase for iMacros, ah-ah...! 8) :wink: :twisted:

I tried to have a look at the Site/Page anyway, but I don't see any Poll at all..., so I wouldn't be able to help anyway... :P
Cookies accepted, but I was not logged in, maybe the Poll "appears" only once you get logged in...(?) :o
I tested in 3 different Browsers: PM v26.3.3, FF v55.0.3, FF v109.0.
Hello chivracq,

Thanks for taking a look! The poll is just below the part you quoted, I'll attach a screenshot. It has 3 options that are presented as pictures. The website itself is cancer... so many ads.
Attachments
tamale-min.png
tamale

Post by tamale » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:18 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 pm
But, yep-yep, your Scenario sounds like a typical Usecase for iMacros, ah-ah...! 8) :wink: :twisted:
I've done some troubleshooting with similar extensions and they don't work because the poll is in #shadow-root . Would this prevent me using iMacros as well?
Attachments
shadowroot.png