Using DS click with imagesearch after scrolling

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
potatoer

Using DS click with imagesearch after scrolling

Post by potatoer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 pm

For the most part the imagesearch works great and with x/y click you dont even need to scroll the page if the image is not visible on the screen.

But there are some sites where x/y click doesn't click but DS click works. Well if the imagesearch finds the image in the visible area of the page then DS click works because coordinates do match. However after you scroll the page with a tag command the coordinates of the Y={{!IMAGEY}} won't be correct for the DS click. It would need some other coordinates to click where you want to.

In other words DS seems to use coordinates relative to the screen area and image search uses coordinates relative to the webpage? Am I correct?

So my question is it possible to use the DS click with imagesearch after scrolling the page?

an example
TAG POS=1 TYPE=STRONG ATTR=TXT:...........................................
DS CMD=LDOWN X={{!IMAGEX}} Y={{!IMAGEY}}
DS CMD=LUP X={{!IMAGEX}} Y={{!IMAGEY}}

after the page has been scrolled the Y coordinates from imagesearch would not be correct for DS click because if the page scrolled down the DS click would click below the image
Please help, it is very important for my work
I need to make macros run on different computers with different screen resolutions, so simply using DS won't work, that's why I'm using imagesearch
potatoer

Re: Using DS click with imagesearch after scrolling

Post by potatoer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:06 am

Only 2 sites out of 60 have this problem and it seems DS click is not possible to set up so it would work across difeerent computers with different screen resolutions...
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 pm

In other words DS seems to use coordinates relative to the screen area and image search uses coordinates relative to the webpage?
Relative to the current screen, correct.
So my question is it possible to use the DS click with imagesearch after scrolling the page?
What about trying to locate the image (or any other control) with TAG command and then trying !TAGX and !TAGY with DS?

Also, please see this discussion (you know all that already, but just in case).

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
potatoer

Post by potatoer » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks, I'm going to check that, howewever using TAG won't work with those sites because the links are always different. Still I will try it, could work in some other cases
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi,

Most of the times you can still use TAG on even dynamic links, either using wildcards or relative positioning. If you post the html behind those links here and a screen shot, I might come up with a more precise solution.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support