is using imacros detectable?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vule2042

is using imacros detectable?

Post by vule2042 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:15 am

hi, i wanted to use imacros to fill out applications automatically. but the website that i want to use imacros on doesnt allow any use of scripts or bots. so i was just wondering if theres any way they can detect my use of imacros?
coolcocky

Re: is using imacros detectable?

Post by coolcocky » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 am

hi,

imacros has its own user string so its detectable, but you can change that in options and make imacros look like internet explorer

regards,

cool
vule2042

Post by vule2042 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

do you know any other programs similar to imacros but arent detectable?
mike007

Post by mike007 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 pm

vule2042 wrote:do you know any other programs similar to imacros but arent detectable?
Use a external proxy program to change you user agent.
Example: First lookup Proxy and socks at wikipedia so you understand what it is, then download and install one of the following: privoxy.org or proxomitron.info
Last go to google or search at their site for scripts that changes user agent.

But, every automatic process can be detected as non-human. Its all depends on how much the site-owner wants bot to be destroyed. For an example there could be javascript that looks for patterns that is very likely bots and ban that session/or IP w/or without cookies. I assume you know about "CLEAR" command and cookies.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 am

Nice reponse Mike! Also, see my post on this topic here:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=10500#p31607
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support