Saveas file= (save into a network file

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Nimrod11

Saveas file= (save into a network file

Post by Nimrod11 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:05 am

Hi

Could anybody please let me know how to SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER= a network file not the default file FILE=JSP_T2_COMPET_RESULTS_Screenshot.png

I am trying to save the resulting screen shots from a test run into target files in the (results) Download folder.

Currently the system only lets me save into the folder using SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER=* :?:

Where I want to specify a folder to save into in located in the default folder.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Many thanks

Nimrod
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Saveas file= (save into a network file

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Hello Nimrod11,

For changing the folder location when using SAVEAS to take a screenshot, use an ONDOWNLOAD command before the SAVEAS:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=Z:\Downloads FILE=Screenshot_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Nimrod11

Post by Nimrod11 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:09 pm

Tom

Thanks for your reply

I have tried the way you said but it still gives me an error

I am trying to map write the results to a network drive as follows

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=:\\Cdldfs03\CDL\Department\Testing\Internet\iMacros\Imacros Team scripts\iMacros\Results\JSP_T2_RESULTS\ON_COVER_SCREEN FILE=Screenshot_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}.png

Using the download info you gave me.

Hope you can help me further as I am really scratching my head with this on :?

Many thanks

Nimrod
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Hello Nimrod,

The leading colon character in the FOLDER specification is a syntax error, and you will need to replace spaces in the path name with <SP>. I'm not sure if iMacros can handle a full UNC pathname (which includes the server name and is what you have specified), but you can try it after you remove that initial colon and convert the spaces. If it still doesn't work then I would suggest mapping a drive to the location and referencing the mapped drive in the FOLDER specification.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Nimrod11

Post by Nimrod11 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Tom

I have tries again the method you described as above but once again it did not work.

The Imacros on our system are set up to run the the network and usually the Folder=* is on the network.

I have had a go at *\folder_name and that just comes up with the same error too.

As and when I do find a way around this problem I will let you know if you wouldn't mind doing the same too.

Many thanks

Nimrod
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Nimrod,

You can't use * in combination with a path. You can specify * alone (which indicates to use the default downloads folder as specified in the iMacros Options), or you can specify an absolute path using the following forms:

FOLDER=driveletter:\path (driveletter can be a local hard drive or a mapped network drive)

or

FOLDER=\\computername\sharename\path

You can also specify a relative path, i.e. FOLDER=NewFiles. In this case the downloads would save to C:\Program Files\iOpus\iMacros\NewFiles.

One of these formats has got to work! When you say it doesn't work, what error are you getting?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
kenanb

Post by kenanb » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Is it possible to specify a relative path that isn't in the iMacros folder (eg. "FOLDER=..\Folder" for a folder on the same level as the iMacros folder) or an aliased folder (eg. "FOLDER=%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Folder" for a subfolder of My Documents)?

Thanks.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 pm

kenanb wrote:Is it possible to specify a relative path that isn't in the iMacros folder (eg. "FOLDER=..\Folder" for a folder on the same level as the iMacros folder) or an aliased folder (eg. "FOLDER=%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Folder" for a subfolder of My Documents)?
Hi kenanb,

Unfortunately, neither of those will work.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support