iim.ini in Windows 7, where?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
udovcic

iim.ini in Windows 7, where?

Post by udovcic » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello,

Where can i find iim.ini in Windows 7? Is there a regisrty key with the path to the file?

Best Regards
Josip Udovcic
Tom, Tech Support

Re: iim.ini in Windows 7, where?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Hello Josip,

iMacros 7 no longer uses an iim.ini file. Can I ask what configuration options you would like to change?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
udovcic

Post by udovcic » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 am

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

We have developed an application that uses the iMacros scripting interface, and that application reads the settings from the iim.ini file, settings like paths.

But its not a big deal if the iim.ini file is missing.

Best regards
Josip Udovcic
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Is there an answer to this? I also have an app where the user is currently able to set things like the location of the macros folder in my program without opening the macroplayer. Currently the app writes a copy of iim.ini and transfers it to the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\iMacros" folder. This works very well for us as we can always ensure that the app settings and Iopus settings are in Sync.
liza28

Post by liza28 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hello Josip,

iMacros 7 no longer uses an iim.ini file. Can I ask what configuration options you would like to change?
If this is the case, I think you should update this part in wiki - http://wiki.imacros.net/Distributing_iM ... cros_setup. It can be misleading.

Distributing the iMacros setup

You can distribute the normal setup executable from http://www.iopus.com/download/.

When installing your application on the clients computer, you can easily call the iMacros setup and install the iMacros Trial version. You can then either write the Player key in the iim.ini from your setup, use the license key as parameter in iimInit() or let your client enter it manually. Your client will then be able to play any macro you created. The Scripting Interface also works.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Thank you Anna, I have updated that Wiki section!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:54 pm

mknoll1 wrote:Is there an answer to this? I also have an app where the user is currently able to set things like the location of the macros folder in my program without opening the macroplayer. Currently the app writes a copy of iim.ini and transfers it to the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\iMacros" folder. This works very well for us as we can always ensure that the app settings and Iopus settings are in Sync.
In iMacros 7, you have programmatic control of the path settings by the following means:
  • Macro Folder: Specify the macro path and file name via iimPlay().
  • Downloads Folder: Specify the download path using the FOLDER parameter of the ONDOWNLOAD and SAVEAS commands.
  • DataSources Folder: Use SET !FOLDER_DATASOURCE to specify the folder containing input files.
  • Performance Log Folder: Use SET !FOLDER_STOPWATCH to specify the folder location for the file that contains the measurement data created with the STOPWATCH command.
Does this satisfy your requirements?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 pm

I just wrote a method that sets the registry values that I need programattically so I think I can handle settign the values without too much issue. I know some users won't be able to access their registry values and change them.

I see that the registry values are stored under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" would this mean that the only way for a user who can not edit their registry values to register the macroplayer (store license key in registry) is to make them an admin or otherwise give them access to the registry on a temporary basis? If this were stored under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then an admin could log on, adjust the registry values and then log out without ever giving the user any additional rights.

I realize that I can pass in the license key in with IIMplay but my question is meant to be more generally about user control over the Iopus settings.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:06 am

Hello,

As far as I know, a standard user may change settings in the HKCU (current user) branch of the registry. The same is true for any application running under this user's account. Administrator rights are not required.

Are you having any specific problems with this? What is the OS and which kind of account is having problems?
Regards,

Marcia
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm

My dev environment allows me full rights so at this time I don't have any issues. I will respond once testing ramps up if I run into any issues.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:54 pm

For more information, see also http://wiki.imacros.net/Registry_Editor