Testing bigbluebutton flash meeting

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
IrishMacro

Testing bigbluebutton flash meeting

Post by IrishMacro » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi we're about to look into getting BBB web meeting/presentation application set up at the company and I am looking into testing it.
However, with the iMacro plugin for FF 7.0.3.0 or the iOpus Internet Browser 4.30 I can't seem to get it to work.
My clicks inside BBB demo doesn't get captured by either the FF plugin nor the Browser.
BBB runs on Flash.

I read a bit here about Flash testing and supposedly I can use DirectScreen but that option doesn't show up for me in either plugin nor Browser.
To replicate, go to http://demo.bigbluebutton.org/and enter a name and join the demo meeting. Try minimising and moving windows about or change language.

After a bit more investigating I see maybe I need a pay version for it to work?
http://www.iopus.com/imacros/compare/all/
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Testing bigbluebutton flash meeting

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Hello IrishMacro,

Yes, you need to use DirectScreen with Flash, and DirectScreen is only available in the iMacros commercial editions. DirectScreen was introduced in iMacros v6. The current version is iMacros 7. You can download a trial of iMacros 7 here.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks for that, I've downloaded the program from the link iMacro 7.

However I have a question and did a bit of searching but couldn't find any topics related. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?

1. Initial DS freeze.
I start iMacro7 and go to a website I want to test. I change clickmode to Direct screen and leave the default boxed ticked (record all DS commands & timing).
When I then try to start recording the program freezes up to two minutes before I can actually start clicking on things.
I know it's aprox 2 minutes as the program still records seconds passing (while writing this I tested again and got WAIT SECONDS=113.547 noted in script while I couldn't do anything in the iMacro browser). As the very same thing happens in the Internet Explorer 8 plugin I suspect this is DS loading up into RAM or something.

Same thing happens if I record a macro in DS and just stop it (maybe I made a mistake somewhere and want to start over from scratch) and the press Record again - I have to sit and wait for two minutes before iMacro browser (or IE plugin) start responding again.

System WinXPSP3, IE8.0.6 with iMacrov7 plugin
Win7
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Irish,

We are not experiencing the issue you describe with DirectScreen on our test systems. Can you provide me with the URL you tried it with, perhaps it is specific to this site. If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please email the URL and/or macro to support AT iopus.com and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks Tom.

It seems to do this for any website so I'll show you the steps.
1. Open IE8 and open sidebar for iMacro7 plugin. Don't start recording anything yet.
2. Browse to http://www.iopus.com/
3. Click the Record tab in sidebar to get it to front.
4. Press Click mode (Auto by default).
5. Select "Use Directscreen..." leave everything else as default.
6. Now that DS is the click mode press Record.
7. Double click on page or in script window, this will trigger the freeze

This is what it looks like during freeze, you can't see it in pic but cursor becomes a sandglass.
Also only IE freezes, other apps on PC runs fine while this happens.

And when it come out of freeze, note that the WAIT SECONDS is very high

I'm not low on RAM or anything and I don't see anything particular happening to memory usage etc.
Just that IE freezes for about 2 minutes

If I do the same exact steps but in iMacro browser same thing happens iMacros own browser.
Note how it says "Not responding" in top banner

When it comes back:

I'll try to uninstall it now and reinstall.
Win7
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:31 pm

After uninstall and install again from your link it's still the same.

More info on my system:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
2.00 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
2038 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Win7
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Irish,

I tried the steps in your previous posts but I am still not able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing. Do you have access to another machine you can test it on? If not, I can give you remote access to one of our test boxes so that you can see that it works.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi sorry been busy with other stuff.
I'll try to get back to this asap.
Win7
gmatch

Post by gmatch » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:58 am

Any luck finding a fix to this? I've experienced this same issue on multiple computers as well with both old and newer versions of imacros.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:14 pm

gmatch wrote:Any luck finding a fix to this? I've experienced this same issue on multiple computers as well with both old and newer versions of imacros.
Hi gmatch,

As stated previously in this thread, we do not have a reproducible test case to be able to fix anything. The issue is more than likely machine-specific and we simply don't have the resources to troubleshoot machine-specific issues.

So unless you can provide us with a macro or set of steps that can reliably reproduce the issue on our test systems, I'm afraid there isn't much we can do.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support