URL

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BarryS

URL

Post by BarryS » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:43 pm

I am reviewing the IM for my company. The one thing they want is to set up a button on the Desktop to run a Macro from any particular web site. Is there a specific code to set up a batch file to run the macro that will grab the URL address from the running IE?

Right now in the macro code, I have the following line:
SET !VAR1 {{!URLCURRENT}}
to grab the URL address. But when I run my test batch file from the desktop it does not grab the current URL that the IE is at. It will run the IM and the first site it retains is the default site to iOpus. I am looking ways to run this batch file to be able to grab the URL from the IE without running the IM and making sure that it is at a particular web page.

Any Suggestions?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:46 pm

This feature will be available in IIM V5.0 (but it is not in the current beta yet).