Is the IIM Browser actually IE under the covers?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Flint

Is the IIM Browser actually IE under the covers?

Post by Flint » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:25 pm

Is the IIM Browser actually IE under the covers? How close is it?

I'm writing a regression test suite for our switch which has an embedded web server for configuring our switch. I'm testing with the scripting interface, so I'm using the IIM Browser.

If I'm testing with the IIM Browser, how valid is that for my goal of making sure it runs in IE (version 6 or greater). I haven't found any difference so far.

I saw, in another post, that you're working on running the plugin from the scripting interface. Is that going to be in 5.0?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:35 pm

The IIM browser uses IE functions internally, so it simulates IE 100%. In other words, all results you get in IIM are valid for IE.
I saw, in another post, that you're working on running the plugin from the scripting interface. Is that going to be in 5.0?
Yes (but the currently available V5.0 Beta does not have this feature yet).