Alerting on error events?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
JohnTran

Alerting on error events?

Post by JohnTran » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:19 pm

We're interested in using your product for monitoring of our website. I downloaded the eval (I'm not sure if it's the pro or the scripting edition), and it works wonderfully. I'm able to do a 'Extract Data' function, which is exactly what we're looking for, in order for us to ensure that our promotion prices are reflecting the accurate price. The only caveat, is that we need to get an 'alert' or 'action' to occur if the 'Extract Tag' is not the expected value. How can we setup this 'action' to occur upon error of the expected tag result?

If possible, can you have someone from sales call me?

John Tran
310-264-8940

Thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:39 pm

The response time from your company is pretty slow. It is something I keep in account for considering which product I'd be purchasing. I've submitted this thread, as well as submitted contact requests from your main page, and no response today! What would I do if I needed your help in a critical situation once I purchased your product?
rguez_18

hi...

Post by rguez_18 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi! maybe I could be of assistance, I'm an applications developer using Internet Macro for almost a year now, based on what I understand you need some sort of alert to a user whenever you have a mismatch with price from your website against your price database or list. what I can suggest here is that you need a program which compares two sources and issues an email or whatever alert you prefer. And I would like to offer my service to you to write that program for you. here's my email if ever you are interested rguez_18(@)hotmail.com. Thank you!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:29 pm

Ryan, thanks for the answer.

In addition, here are some related links to our manual with more information:
1. Checking for keywords:
http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/faq_search_keyword.htm

2. Send email with Internet Macros:
http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/send_email.htm

With regards to the response time, sorry for the delay. But I could not locate your support email. Please resend it to support2 (at) iopus.com or post here if any questions are not answered.

We also offer phone support for registered users.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:17 pm

Thanks for the response. I think option #2 may be what I'm looking for, but not clear yet. I will look deeper into it. Is the evaluation download version the 'Scripting' version? Or is it the 'Pro' version?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:32 pm

The trial version has all the features of the Scripting Edition. The only limitations are time (30 days) and macro length (30 steps).

If you need an extension of your evaluation period or if the 30 step limit is a problem during your evaluation, just contact us for a 30-day unlock key.