How do I do this?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jmart10

How do I do this?

Post by Jmart10 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:32 am

I would like imacro to fill a form. its not an ordinary form tho. I know that usually you can press record and do the form and it will remember it. But in my case its different.

Ok. All I want it to do is to type something and then press enter. I already have the mouse/curse in the box that the text is suppose to be in. So i dont need to tell imacros to go to the box where the text goes. Its already there. So All i need it to do is to type the text and press enter.

So something i suppose,

type:Its a sunny day
Press ENTER

Im sure thats not how to do it, but i hope its clear what i mean. Thanks in advance
fastviper

Re: How do I do this?

Post by fastviper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am

PROMPT "type:" !VAR1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:banner_edit ATTR=ID:banner_edit_viewsLimit CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

Just tested it and it works. So: record your own version of inputing into that field and change source code so that CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

Replay asks you for input and then enters what you provided into field.
Jmart10

Post by Jmart10 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:30 pm

fastviper wrote:PROMPT "type:" !VAR1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:banner_edit ATTR=ID:banner_edit_viewsLimit CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

Just tested it and it works. So: record your own version of inputing into that field and change source code so that CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

Replay asks you for input and then enters what you provided into field.
Thanks Viper. but when i run it this box comes up

It actually wont work like that for this form im doing. Can you put the text directly into the form without having the box/pop up come up?
fastviper

Post by fastviper » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh, I see - you want a macro that just enters text but does not select any field, right?
Bad news - you can't do it with TAG command (cannot fill a field without 'going there').

Good news - you can use Direct Screen technology in Internet Explorer.

My advice: Try going with TAG command - maybe targeting that field is possible. Your request is so strange that you probably are doing something not the way it's supposed to be done.