Synergy and Imacros

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Volodath

Synergy and Imacros

Post by Volodath » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello All -

I've used this product for a bit now (just about a year) and it's well exceeded my expectations in it's versatility and usefulness. I haven't (yet) come to a task I couldn't find a work around for (between all the different versions/platforms) and I have been quite pleased.

In the course of my research I've discovered a couple of different programs that are incredibly useful for scripting. One I picked up from these forums is of course Notepad++.

I recently discovered a very useful app I think many here will appreciate. I wanted to use it to kick off a (hopefully) lasting thread where synergistic programs and discoveries are posted.

The name of the app is Swept Away. It automatically minimizes certain programs after a set amount of inactivity, and will do so to an imacros script during a wait statement or long loading time.

As scripts take less processing power when minimized, and there's not always a good way to keep them minimized (at least my firefox pops up from time to time) this has turned into a very useful discovery for me. As well, you can select the interval to minimize on, and white list programs to never be minimized.

Enjoy.

Download link here (http://www.brothersoft.com/swept-away-d ... 78290.html)
MattBell7

Re: Synergy and Imacros

Post by MattBell7 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:21 am

if you use the full version, you can set the imacros browser to run minimized to the system tray with "-tray", or completely hidden with "-silent"
Volodath

Post by Volodath » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Matt -

I am aware of this - but there are a number of different situations where it's either impossible or more difficult to use the imacros browser when compared to the firefox plugin, and I can think of a couple places where you need the browser available but don't want it (long debugging scripts for example).

Perhaps this should get put in the firefox forum though.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for the tip Volodath! I added a link to your post to the Wiki documentation for the TRAY command (which is only available in the iMacros Browser).

http://wiki.imacros.net/TRAY#See_Also
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
magnetsa

Post by magnetsa » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Tom,

It is August 2014 now. Any progress with iMacros concerning control over Firefox display from a minimized state?

What I want to do is have Firefox run in a minimized state until a certain event occurs. Then I want Firefox to appear so that I can see the iMacros status display from iimDisplay.

Currently I have my application send me an SMS message to my cell phone. By the time I receive it, I could be looking at the screen already.