How can I choose not to select a certificate?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mknoll1

How can I choose not to select a certificate?

Post by mknoll1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:26 pm

I have a website that is password protected or requires a digital certificate. Sometimes I have a username and password and sometimes I only need to select the correct certificate. I have used the ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=X command to choose the correct certificate but I can not get it to select no certificate. I am currently running the script and pressing cancel manually when I want to use the username and password. Is there a more automated solution to this?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Hi,

What would be the normal user action if this were run manually? Can you post (as attachments) some screenshots of how this should run?

Thanks

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:59 pm

THen normal user action would be to press cancel on the certificate selection box. I don't know how to post a picture but I can E-mail one if you like.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:46 pm

Are you able to record clicking Cancel?

Then with two alternative macros you could select which to run depending on whether or not you have to use a certificate.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:27 pm

I have tried clicking no or cancel when I am asked to select a certificate. THe resulting code is then "ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C= " WHen this runs it comes up with the error "Wrong certificate value: C=" It is clear to me that C= must have an integer after it or else the script will fail on replay.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:14 pm

Thanks for all the details. We confirmed this issue and will fix it ASAP.
ikari

Post by ikari » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Hello,
I have exactly the same issue, did you plan a version ?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:52 am

Hi

We have a new version of iMacros 5.22 being released this week. This should cover a number of fixes including this. If you still have this issue with 5.22 please let us know.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
coryphaena

ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG

Post by coryphaena » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:17 pm

I need to clear a certificate dialog - preferably by cancelling it as referred to in previous posts - downloaded 5.22 but it does not seem to help

Is there some revised syntax? I am using ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=0
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:06 pm

If this goes in a different thread please let me know but woudl it also be possible to choose certificates by value not position. FOr example if I have a drop down box I can write CONTENT=3 or I can write CONTENT=$MARCH and get the same result. THe second option is usually preferable since if for some reason march moves in the list the script will still find it. SImiliarly it would be nice to be able to say ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=$CERTNAME. I have a situation where I have to manage a box with 15 certificates for the same site and it is very cumbersome to add an additional certificate since I have to go back and adjust the configuration for each script. I am passing in the variables from basically a csv fiel so I only have to adjust the csv file but it is still a pain to find every entry higher than a certain number and increment it by one. In addition if I ever have a failure on that machine I am not sure I will ever untangle it again and be able to restore it.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Hi,

Apologies, it seems that this will be fixed in Version 6.0 that should be out soon.

As for ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=$CERTNAME, sounds like it could be useful so I have passed it on to the development and it is on their 'to do' list.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi,

Apologies, it seems that this will be fixed in Version 6.0 that should be out soon.

As for ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=$CERTNAME, sounds like it could be useful so I have passed it on to the development and it is on their 'to do' list.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
I was wondering if there was any progress on this feature? ALso as an alternative to doing this is there any way to install or uninstall a certificate using a VB script or writing a java application? My idea is that if I specify a certificate to be imported at run time and then deleted after the macro has run then the order and name is irrelevant I just need to provide the path of the certificate.pfx file.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:31 am

Hi,

We are currently testing an internal beta version 6.0 and this should be generally available soon.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
mknoll1

Interestign workaround

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:47 pm

I have found a workaround for this issue that may help others with the certificate manamgement shortcomings. THe program is called importpfx.exe and it allows for the command line import and export of certificates. THe program can be found at http://home.fnal.gov/~jklemenc/importpfx.html. Basically you can write a bat file to run the certificate import, run your macro and then run the certificate uninstall. THis ensures that only the desired certificate is isntalled at run time. It is a bit more work to set up initially as you have to export all of your certificates but you should do this anyways for back up.
CestLaVie

Re: How can I choose not to select a certificate?

Post by CestLaVie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Once past the certificate selection I get prompted with the following dialog box (the certificate's private key is strongly protected):
CryptoKey.gif
CryptoKey.gif (8.62 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
Can iMacros handle that dialog? If so how (I tried ONSECURITYDIALOG unsuccessfully)?