How can I choose not to select a certificate?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tech Support

Re: How can I choose not to select a certificate?

Post by Tech Support » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:25 am

With regards to the original question, iMacros can now also not select a certificate. In this case please use
ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=0 BUTTON=CANCEL
http://wiki.imacros.net/ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG

CestLaVie, can you please post a link to a website where we could recreate such a dialog for testing?
CestLaVie

Post by CestLaVie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:31 pm

This is unfortunately a partner's web site that requires a dedicated (non exportable) certificate so I cannot provide a link.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Cest La VIe,

Your problem is that you have enabled "Strong Private Key Protection" If you export the cert and import it again and uncheck the box marked "enable Strong Private Key Protection" then this box will not pop up when the certificate is used. This box is part of certificate security not IE or Iopus.
CestLaVie

Post by CestLaVie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:49 pm

mknoll1,

The certificate can be exported but not the private key (that's the way it got provided to us) so I cannot do as you suggested. That seems to confirm that there is no way to handle that scenario (I was afraid of that).

Thanks for your reply.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:29 pm

certificates, when imported can be marked as "exportable" or "not exportable". If it was marked as not exportable on import then you would not be able to export the private key. If you can start from scratch and get a new certificate you shoudl be able to get around this.
CestLaVie

Post by CestLaVie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:54 pm

We did import a new certificate but we could only set the private key security level to either 'High' (prompt for password when used) or 'Medium' (prompt for permission when used - that's the dialog box we try to get rid of). The 'Low' option was not even listed.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:23 pm

are you using IE? I don't think I have ever seen those options before. I have word documents with the instructions I send to my customers but I can't seem to post it here since .doc is not a permitted extension for an attachment. I can E-mail you if you PM me.