Can I run Imacros unlimited times on multiple OS guests?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
bugmenot666

Can I run Imacros unlimited times on multiple OS guests?

Post by bugmenot666 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi.

I want to purchase Imacros pro and run it like 10 times over on 10 different vmware or virtualbox guest os's.

Would I need 10 licenses for that?
Tech Support

Re: Can I run Imacros unlimited times on multiple OS guests?

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 am

This is the typical use case for our PLAYER licenses:

You need an iMacros Scripting Edition (or maybe PRO, if you do not use the Scripting API) license *only* for each development machine. For all machines where you only need to use/replay the created macros and scripts a Player license is sufficient.

The player license allows you to ship macros, scripts and programs based on iMacros along with a copy of iMacros itself to your users for a very low cost. Technically speaking this means that if iMacros is unlocked with the player license key your users have all the features of the SCRIPTING EDITION available except the ability to record new macros.
For more information about the iMacros Player and a screenshot please see http://www.iopus.com/imacros/compare/index.htm#player

Player licenses are available as 5-user (US$ 99), 50-user (US$ 199) or Unlimited User (US$ 399) license packages.

The Unlimited User Player license package allows an *unlimited* number of users and installations of the iMacros Player. This includes the public distribution of your solution without royalty payment.

If you plan to distribute your solution I highly recommend our iMacros Enterprise bundles. They consist of one or more iMacros Scripting Edition licenses and the popular Unlimited User Player license.

The bundles can be purchased in your online store at http://www.iopus.com/store/#bundle